Chapter 21

Just off the road was a little path. It was brightly lit with little candles. It was like a fairy tale. "Jesse this amazing!" I smiled looking up at him. "There's more." He was calm, he kept his cool. I think that's what I love about him. He gestured for me to go, as he grabbed my hand. We walked down that path, the stars in the sky shone like little diamonds. The path of candles soon made a big circle. In the middle were two blankets, and a small basket. Jesse was amazing he never let go of my hand. Just like when I first met him and we ended up jumping in the pond. "Come here." He said sitting down on the blanket and opening up his arms. I laid down right next to him. My head rested on his chest, my hand sat relaxed just on his abs. I smiled knowing that he drove all the way out here just to sit and watch the stars. "What do ya think?" He asked. "Jesse this amazing!" We laid out underneath the stars for a while. When the color in the sky began to change. It when from the regular darkness to blues fading into green, and even some purple. The colors danced across the sky. "Look at that Carls, the northern lights." I couldn't believe that he had done all that for me. It was amazing. After a few hours of Jesse and I talking and watching the sky, the colors danced away just as easy as the came. Soon my eyelids felt really heavy and I could hardly keep them open. I fell asleep.

When I woke up I was still in the same spot. Laying next to Jesse. Now the sun was creeping over horizon. The sky was filled with orange, red, and yellow. I sat up. "Good morning." Jesse said smiling. "Good morning." I said back. Jesse's big brown eyes stared right into mine. Then out of no where his lips came closer. They touched mine. It was a little kiss. I smiled, then Jesse came back. This time it was a little more, but nothing serious. "We better get you home." I nodded in agreement. Jesse got up and then helped me up. He grabbed the blankets and then the basket which contained snacks from last night. Then with his only free hand he took my hand in his. We headed toward the truck. Jesse opened my door and helped me in. As he walked around to the drivers side I scooted into the middle seat. Jesse jumped in. We began driving. It was taking for ever! It was like a 2 hour drive back home. "Jesse why did we have to come all the way out here to do this?" He laughed a little bit. "Because you wouldn't have been able to see the lights!" Oh, that made a lot of sense. I got bored again and started fiddling with radio. When finally a good song came on, Drunk On You Luke Bryan. I turned the radio up and rolled my window down. My hair blew crazy in the wind. I grabbed Jesse's hand as we made the long drive home.

Jesse walked me up to the door when we finally got to my house. I opened the door and went right in. "MOM! I'm home!" I'm screamed. Nobody answered. Great. Home alone... well with Jesse. "Do you want anything to eat?" I asked him. "Nah I'm good. Do you want me to wait with you till your mom gets home?" He asked leaning on the kitchen counter. "No I'll be okay." He came over and pulled me in close. "Alright I'm gonna go then." He kissed me then left. I went upstairs and took a shower. When I was done I was in my room listening to music when my phone went off. It was from a number I hadn't recognized. I answered the call.
"Hello?" I herd some muffles come over the line.
"Hello?" It was a man on the other end. His voice was low, but he sounded like he wasn't all there. By that I mean he sounded drunk.
"Hello!" I asked louder this time and since the man didn't respond, I hung up.

It was getting late now, and I was tired after my whole day with Jesse. I laid down in my bed and thought about the day. My date with Jesse was amazing and I know he's the one. He's the guy who's gonna take care of me, not let anything happen to me. Then I thought about the phone call that I got from the man. I didn't know the phone number but the voice. It sounded familiar. Who's voice it was, I don't know, but I know that voice from somewhere. For some resin it gave me chills, I didn't want that voice to call back, and I didn't know why.