Chapter 18

That morning I felt the bed move a little bit. I opened my eyes to see Jesse getting out of bed. I got kinda worried that my mom had come home or something, but Jesse would have woke me for that. Jesse looked at me and learned that I had woke up. "Go back to bed." He spoke in such a soft voice. Then he leaned down and kissed my head. I shut my eyes for a while, I just couldn't keep them open.

When I awoke again Jesse was not in my bedroom. I crawled out of bed and rubbed my eyes. I opened my door and went down the stairs. I looked horrible. I had on my same clothes. My sweat pants and t-shirt. My hair was falling out of the bun that it was in, and little pieces stuck out everywhere. I didn't care I had to see where Jesse was. I turned the corner into the kitchen to see Jesse standing behind the stove, making pancakes. "Good morning! You hungry?" He asked. He didn't have a shirt on and was just wearing his jeans. I nodded my head smiling. He smiled. I walked up to the island and pulled out the stool and sat down. "So how did you sleep?" I asked Jesse. "Better then I have in a long time." He laughed a little then winked at me. That's when I got the hint that he liked staying with me. "Alright you ready for this." He said. I smiled and watched him. He flipped the pancake into the air, then landed it back into the pan. I laughed. "Gosh I'm glad I didn't screw that stunt up!" We ate our pancakes, Jesse did a really good job. He even put the plates in the dishwasher for me. "What do you want to do now?" he asked looking at me. I looked around thinking at what I wanted to do, when the doorbell rang. I got up and ran to the door. Taylor was standing at the door. She looked bad. Her hair was messy, and her clothes didn't match. Tears ran down her face. I grabbed her hand and bring her into the house. I grabbed her face in my hands. "Tay what's wrong?!" She fumbled with her words and her breathing sounded off. "Carly!" she screamed. I took her in my arms and held her there I couldn't figure what had happened, but I had a pretty good guess.