Chapter 3: Hide or Seek

Jonathan's POV
I watch a stare-down of epic proportions. 5 minutes earlier, Terroriser brought up the subject of who gets to watch over and take care of the raccoon, me. In response, a big argument took place, and now everyone is glaring at each other in the middle of the living room. Wow, what idiots. It hurts to roll my eyes so hard at the ridiculousness of the situation.

My gaze runs over Vanoss, who's sitting down, and isn't a part of the stare-down, just merely in thought. I stalk over to him without anyone paying mind to my actions, and nip at his pant leg.  I would preferably stay with Vanoss mainly because I want to know what kind of hybrid he is so I can bother him later. I enjoy watching him struggle to keep his emotions under control, especially when I annoy or embarrass him. It only took me a day to get so comfortable with him, more comfortable then with the others, and his reactions are cute. Is it weird that a raccoon is calling a human cute?

His attention shifts to me, and he smiles lightly. He bends down to pat my head.
"I know you're impatient. Sorry we're acting like idiots." I turn and stretch my body before lying spread out across his feet. Everyone has eyes on us now, and Mini practically has sparkles around him.
"Vanoss you guys are just too cute." He coos. "I think you should take care of him while he's stuck in that form." He suggests, earning a few nods of agreement.
"You're right, Delirious seems quite comfortable with you." Moo pitches in.
"Wait, it's all an act! I know he's going to torment me! He may look innocent but my pancake face this morning proves it." Vanoss protests frantically, but to no avail.
"Well it's settled then, Vanoss can deal with Delirious." Wildcat finalizes, and Vanoss proceeds to sink into his chair with defeat. He looks down at me, and I stick out my small tongue. I get an adorable pout in return, the buff Asian acting like a child who didn't get candy. I produce a snicker that comes out as a broken hiss, and he easily breaks into a reluctant smile. I return a satisfied raccoon grin.
_______________
"Where do you want to sleep?" Vanoss questions as he brings me into his room. I point my right paw towards the bed.
"You will be sleeping with me though, are you alright with that?" He says cautiously and I nod my head.
"Then I guess it settled. Try not to roll on me in your sleep." He grins slyly and I snort a laugh, causing him to chuckle.

A feeling has settled in my stomach, and not a good one. I don't think my escape from the Researchers is over, they never give up easily. I can't shake the feeling that I'm putting my newfound friends in danger and it terrifies me. I don't show it, but as much as those experiments enhanced my abilities to some inhuman extent, the also completely wrecked me. I don't even know what they did to trap me in my animal form. Right now, my senses are telling me that things are about to get messy, and my senses are usually never that far off.
___________
"Ok, what should we do?" Mini asks, breaking the silence that is unusual in a mansion full of loud guys. He drew the short straw when everyone was deciding who stays behind and who goes to the movies. A raccoon isn't allowed in a movie theatre. I look at him with apologetic eyes, knowing it's my fault that he's stuck here.
"Don't look at me like that, it's alright, I've already seen Deadpool, it's just more fun watching it with my friends. We can have a party of our own here." I still feel bad, but don't push it further.

A sudden abnormal noise coming from upstairs causes me to immediately press up against the side of Mini's leg, making zero noise. He looks at me fearfully, and I mirror it in return. He nods his head toward upstairs, and I look at him like he's being reckless. Absolutely not! For all I know it could be some serial killer, or worse, people from the lab. I tremble involuntarily at the thought.

Mini changes into a fox, and I immediately instruct him to call the guys.
"We leave this house as quietly as possible, because we could be dealing with a common burglar, or the people who made us what we are." I hiss in a low tone.