Chapter 10: The Hunter Becomes The Hunted

A/N Don't ask me about the pic, and just let it happen.
_________
Jonathan's POV
All it took was one glance into his eyes, and I can't move a muscle. Of course they would send the Komodo Dragon freak, he's pretty much a full-blown puppet used as a weapon. I am careless to think that this would go smoothly, but as long as the others are safe, that's all that matters.
__________
I gasp for air as the wind is knocked from me, from the creature, or he prefers KK, pinning me to the chilly ground.
"Naive little Delirious, you are just too innocent. Makes me wanna eat you." I begin to panic, as he has me completely at his mercy. I really need to re-evaluate my strategies. A disgusted whimper escapes me as I feel my neck exposed, and a raspy tongue trailing fluid up my neck. Then it hit me. Komodo Dragons are poisonous. I immediately feel the numbing affects kick in, probably a longer way to keep me from moving.

KK is suddenly thrown from me in a rush of wind, and before I can process it, Vanoss is hovering over me, wings performing a protective shell around us. The hell did he come from?! I still can't help feeling a great amount of relief wash over me despite that idiot's reckless move. He's no match for KK by himself, I know, because unlike Vanoss, KK has been completely modified to kill.

Out of the blue, my motionless body is pulled flush against Vanoss, and I can feel the beginnings of a blush.
"You stay away from Delirious! If I ever see you near him, or touching him, I'll kill you! Only I get to touch him, because he's mine!!" My eyes widen in shock, and by now, my blush is creeping from my face to my neck and ears. Gasps can be heard to my left, and although I can't crane my neck to see, it's probably the other guys. Since when am I his? And why won't this paralysis go away!

I have to warn Vanoss about KK's eyes, or he could end up like me, but also give him a piece of my my mind.
"Vanoss!" I hiss, my emotions still off-kilter. His face comes into my view, and he seems relieved that I'm alright.
"That's KK, he's a Komodo Dragon if you didn't already know. Don't look directly into his eyes, or have him lick you because you'll be stuck like me." I lecture, and he nods, although his eyes are a beautifully sinister shade of ember.
"And one more thing." I add.
"Yes?" He tilts his head curiously. I feel some of my energy coming back, so I manage to knock him on the head.
"Since when was I yours you jerk?!" I growl, more from embarrassment.
"Sorry! I didn't mean to say that, my animal just took over, and I got so angry when he assaulted you. It was a protective gesture." He argues, and I admit, he does seem off.

I turn my head as much as possible in the direction of the others.
"I know you're all there, and so does he, so unless you want to get chased down, you guys should stop hiding." I notify them, and slowly, they all crawl from the bushes.
"Oh, look at this lovely gathering, Delirious. They want to make it easy for me to kill them." KK states gleefully, and I sneer at him.
"Oh shut the hell up KK! When I'm free from this paralysis, your ass is mine." He snaps is jaw before throwing himself at Vanoss, who sends him flying with a gust of wind. I quickly explain things while the lizard recovers.
"Listen, you guys need to hold him off just long enough for me to be mobile again. If it gets too dangerous, leave. This guy is on a whole other level of hybrid from you guys. He's a killing machine, and only I have enough knowledge and strength to take him on."
"We are not leaving you here." Mini protests, and I look at him dead in the eyes.
"When I tell you to run, you run. Otherwise you'll all die." I sternly shut him down, and everyone looks around with worry.
"Delirious, I'm not leaving you, the others can." Vanoss looks at me, his eyes back to their melted honey colour. I shake my head at him, before screeching.
"Shit, behind you!"

The enemy hybrid is back for more, but Terroriser is quick on his feet, a grey silky tail and ears appearing and he knocks down his opponent. He stretches a talon covered hand, and swipes a large gash on his shoulder before being flung back.
"Terroriser!" Moo shouts anxiously, before sprinting to his side, and paying no mind to the danger. Wildcat seems to be one step ahead though, his pink ears and coiled tail on full display as he gives a powerful kick to KK just as he's about to swing at Moo. Maybe they can handle themselves, but once I let him out, they won't stand a chance.