Chapter 20: Too Late?

Jonathan's POV
I am now beyond freaked out, and to to top it off, Nanners figured out that Hazel has been helping me and the other hybrids this whole time. She'll be killed and I won't be able to do anything about it because I'm stuck in my stupid animal form, waiting to be turned into a freaking girl.

This is absolute bull!! I angrily seethe in my head, but on the outside I begin to panic because I'm no longer in the same room as Vanoss, but in another room being attached to a metal operation table. Oh god, please no!

"Make yourself comfortable, Delirious." The evil bastard continues to goad as he sets up a syringe filled with some sketchy looking fluid that resembles milk. All four of my paws are strapped to the table and immobile, leaving me to watch in horror as he lines the up with my left arm.

I hear, or at least I think I hear some odd noise happening from another room, but it must be normal if Dr. Nanners remains completely un-phased (or he's that intent on shoving a damn needle up my arm so I'm able to have a man-period).

When I try to struggle against my bonds, a large hand is holding me down. "Now now Delirious, struggling will only make everything worse." He shakes his finger as if he's scolding a child. Oh when I get my hands on you, you— My plotting is cut short when the prick of a needle in my paw sends a flash of discomfort through my body, that begins to morph into muscle-twitching pain.

Then it's gone as soon as it comes and is replaced with the sound of glass shattering. I open my eyes that I didn't notice had been closed to come face-to-face with a worried Squeaker.
L-Lui?! I chitter in my raccoon form with the strength I have left only to get hit on the head. "You idiot! Running off without thinking things through, god you're just as bad as Evan!" He reprimands me yet his voice is filled with relief.

My straps are loosened so I can wriggle off the table. I'm greeted with the sight of a broken syringe lying in a pool of its contents, and a knocked out evil guy. I wonder how much of a dosage I got and whether it's affected me, because I don't feel or look any different. In fact, I'm still a male raccoon which means that Nanners didn't get very far before being interrupted which is a really good thing.

Since I'm once again stuck in my animal form, I don't bother with the details and go straight to finding my little owl. Cute, adorable little owl.

It seems that my friends are one step ahead of me because I'm lifted up into Moo's arms and snuggled up against Vanoss whom Moo had picked up while the others were rescuing me.

While he looks exhausted, the way his face lights up when he sees me makes my heart leap and my cheeks warm. He shifts a little so he can nuzzle his feathery head into my fur, allowing me to understand how worried he is about me.

I decide to return the action, burying me nose into his belly's downy feathers before settling down and feeling a sudden wave of exhaustion hit me. Evan coos at me before also relaxing, and I purr as I let sleep numb my mind and drag me under.
_________
"Do you think he's alright?" A soft voice brings me into consciousness and still being to tired, I don't bother opening my eyes to find out where it's coming from.

"Well he's still in his animal form, but so is Evan due to whatever that insane man gave them. Other than that, I don't see any physical change except for his fur becoming a bit of a lighter shade than before. Unless there's some sort of internal change, Jon is pretty much exactly the same and hopefully we weren't too late." Another voice explains, and only one person has enough experience to make a diagnosis. Brock.

"Well let's hope for his sake and everyone else's that almost none of that sketchy looking liquid is in his body. Then again, we don't actually know what it was supposed to do, and Evan won't talk to you even though you can understand him being a bird yourself." The soft voice becomes grave, allowing me to recognize it being Brian.