Chapter 9: Turmoil

Jonathan's POV
I'm too paranoid about this. I don't want the others getting affected by the lab, but I'm practically doing just that. I don't think they've found out about who helped me escape, but they definitely now know where the others are.

I toss and turn under the covers, unable to relax. Evan's soft snores fill the air, along with the occasional shifting noises the bed makes from my movements. When I hear tapping noises on the window, I disregard them, it's probably just the wind.

That is until the window unlatches and flies open, allowing the night temperatures to fill the room. I quickly jump up, trying not to wake my sleeping companion, and inspect the open window. A single piece of white paper sits on the window sill. I unfold it, and read the neat cursive.

Delirious,
You thought you could get away? That's so cute! It's a shame your friends will have to pay the price though. Or do they? What we want is you, not them. They are older experiments, and aren't as advanced as you've become. We won't lay a finger on them if you come quietly. Come to the park closest to the mansion at 8pm tomorrow. Come alone, and don't tell anyone or else we will have to kill everyone.
With Love, Dr. Nanners.

By the time that I finish reading the letter, my fingers are shaking. I shove the paper into my pockets. I knew it, it's better to disappear and save them, than to stay here.

I quietly get dressed, and glance at the clock. 2am. For the next 18 or so hours, I will do my best to hide from the crew. It's better this way, and I don't want them getting involved when they are free. I glance back at his sleeping form, and walk up to the bed. I'm sorry.
"It was nice meeting you again." I barely whisper, and lightly press my lips to his smooth forehead. He twitches a little, and for a moment, I think that he's awake, until he settles down again. I smile once more, before merging with the shadows.
___________
Evan's POV
I grumble, and stretch out my sleepy body. When I don't come in contact with heat, my eyes shoot open, and I glance at Jon's side of the bed, noticing his absence. What upsets me is that it's 9 o'clock in the morning, and his spot feels like it's been vacant for some time.

I quickly scramble out of bed, rushing to put some clothes on, and then bound downstairs towards the kitchen. My animal instincts are acting up, telling me that something is seriously wrong, but I hope that they are overreacting.

When I burst into the kitchen, I'm disappointed to find only Lui and Mini.
"Hey, have you guys seen Delirious?" I pant out, hoping for a good answer.
"No, sorry we haven't. Are you okay, you look like you've just run a marathon." Craig replies with concern, and I feel myself beginning to panic. His creamy aroma is not in this room.

I race around, pleading that a room will hold his scent, but by the time that I've checked the entire mansion, there's still no sign of him. The fear is washing over me, and I'm doing everything to keep myself from breaking down. He wouldn't just go, would he? No, Jonathan has never pulled anything like this before.

"Everybody meet in the living room, now!" I scream out the demand, and everyone files into the room, awakened fully by all the noises I've been making.
"What's your problem now, Evan?" Tyler snaps, and I try to keep calm.
"Jonathan is missing." I state in a serious tone of voice. Some people look worried, while others are still sceptical.
"I checked the whole house, and his scent is no where. When I woke up, his side of the bed looked like it hadn't been slept in for a while." I ramble, and Brock walks up to me calmly, and wraps his arms around me. That's when I felt the wet tears glide down my cheeks.
"Relax, we'll sort this out." He reassures rubbing soft circles in my back. "While we think of some way to look for him, why don't you go up into your room, and look for any clues to his disappearance, yeah?" I sigh a little, feeling my stress diminish.
"Yeah."
_________
Considering Moo's suggestion, I look around my room. I only now notice the borrowed pyjamas I gave Delirious lying in a pile on the floor. This means he left of his own accord. I wince a little at the though, before hearing a crumpling sound coming from the pyjamas as I pick them up. I curiously rummage, until pulling out a wad of paper. I unfold it, and scan the letters, my eyes widening in shock.
_________
"Delirious,
You thought you could get away? That's so cute! It's a shame your friends will have to pay the price though. Or do they? What we want is you, not them. They are older experiments, and aren't as advanced as you've become. We won't lay a finger on them if you come quietly. Come to the park closest to the mansion at 8pm tomorrow. Come alone, and don't tell anyone or else we will have to kill everyone. With Love, Dr. Nanners." Cartoonz reads out loud, while I pace around the room.
"Well shit. Luke, it's that bastard again." Marcel spits out in fury.
"Who exactly?" Mini curiously implores, and Lui gives him a look.
"The guy who turned us into freaks." He answers, and Luke suddenly starts chuckling, startling everyone.
"That's just like him to keep us out of it. God damnit!" He rages, and punches the first wall he sees with his now scaly fist. His forked tongue flickers, and his eyes glow red with slivered pupils. When he pulls his fist out, the wall crumbles, leaving a clean hole.
"Calm down Cartoonz, we need to worry about finding Delirious before he does something stupid." Brian consoles, and eventually Luke relaxes.
_________
Ever since this morning my body has been aching. I feel sick to my stomach, and a longing for those blue eyes. I didn't even realize I was falling that deep until I had already sunk to the bottom. I don't want, I need that raccoon like I need air. These feelings go beyond simple attraction, and it's scaring me to the point where I don't think I have any control over it anymore. He probably doesn't even feel what I do, which only makes matters worse.
_________
Craig's POV
"Why won't he just admit it, he is head over heels in love with him!" I complain quietly from the kitchen, and continue to watch my normally calm friend depressed, and slouching on the living room love seat.
"I think he knows, but he will try not to make it obvious. This is new for Evan, which is why he's having a tough time handling it." Brock places a hand on my shoulder, and out of no where I decide to hug him.
"I hate seeing him like this, but Jonathan is a good guy. That's why he didn't tell anybody about the note, he wants to keep us safe. He's suffered too much already." I bury my face in his chest to hide my pained expression, when someone grabs my shoulders, and pulls me into their chest.
"We'll find Delirious, and then it will be back to those two trying to discreetly eye-rape each other when they think no one is looking, then play it off like they both don't feel the same." Wildcat jokes and then chuckles when I do, sending vibrations from his chest to my back.
"And why did you ruin the moment I had with Moo?" I tease with a flushed face. Of course I know Brock has the hots for Brian, and it's even more torturous watching those two than watching the owl and raccoon duo.

I turn in Tyler's arms to face him, awaiting a response.
"You were looking sad and I hate seeing you like that. Plus you looked so cuddly." His face turns magenta as he looks away, and I push my face in his chest to hide my tomato-red cheeks.
_________
"Guys, our only option is to wait it out, then attack when they meet at 8pm. There's no way to track Jon in a place this large." Marcel reasons, and although everyone agrees, some reluctantly nod.
_________
"Terroriser, cloak us." Moo requests, and Brian begins to mask all of our scents and make our presence by the meeting place unknown. One of his abilities as a wolf. We all grin with satisfaction once we are completely hidden.

Basically lifts up his watch, showing 7:59pm, and we stay on high alert. We watch as Delirious walks exposed into the open area, shivering slightly at the evening weather. The clock hits 8, and a white-hooded figure appears.
"You have what you want, now leave them out of this!" Delirious snaps, and the other figure laughs in hysterics.
"Do you really think we're that honest?" His hood falls down, showing another hybrid, forked tongue flickering and lizard eyes a sickly green. Komodo Dragon!? Suddenly, Delirious panics.
"What did you do to me? Why the hell can't I move you bastard!" He shouts in a wavering voice. I watch in horror as Delirious is suddenly rushed, and pinned to the cold earth beneath him.

"Naive little Delirious, you are just too innocent. Makes me wanna eat you." Delirious struggles in vain, the paralysis affect still in play, and the hybrid bends over by his face, pushing it to the side to reveal the soft skin of his bare neck. The blue-eyed man quivers in fear, whimpering as the hoodie-wearing male's forked appendage licks a streak of saliva up his neck. Disregarding the plan, I'm ready to jump in and help when twigs snap, and the sounds of large wings fill the air.

Vanoss is knocking straight into the scene in a flash, swatting the enemy hybrid and sending him flying through the trees, and almost out of sight. He's right by the traumatized raccoon's side, embracing him and trying to calm him down.

"That was quite the hit, for an owl." The snarky lizard shakes off the hit like it was nothing. Vanoss' honey-coloured eyes darken to an ember colour.
"Listen here you slimy lizard." Vanoss howls. He pulls Delirious impossibly closer, yet continues to bare his claws.
"You stay away from Delirious! If I ever see you near him, or touching him, I'll kill you! Only I get to touch him, because he's mine!!" He seethes, while everyone gasps in shock, and the raccoon hybrid, despite the situation, is an impossible shade of red.
__________
A/N Okay finally done! We are so close to 3k reads and I can't thank you guys enough for the support and amazing comments. It makes me so happy when I see familiar faces commenting on every part, and encouraging me:) So Evan the Possessive has broken loose. What shall happen next? Ignore spelling errors etc. Sometimes I miss them, and let me know what you guys think about the story! Ciao!
~misty-chaos
(1891 words)