Chapter 22: I Miss You

Jonathan's POV
All week has been strange for me. From nausea to odd mood swings, I seem to have no control over my body. The only time I seem to calm down is when Evan, my new boyfriend is around.

"Nope, you are definitely pregnant." He reinforces but his voice is tinged with worry. "This is actually really bad."
"Why?! You're not the one that's gonna get fat!" I pout as anxiety creeps in. What will Evan think? He's obviously the father. Will he be disgusted?

"This is exactly what Dr. Nanners wants, therefore you can't be here until we deal with him, otherwise he could get a hold of you and the baby. You need to leave since he knows where you are." Brock frets making me momentarily forget my thoughts. "And since we can't all go or else he will keep finding us, you need to leave with like one other person so he doesn't notice your absence right away. That will give us enough time to deal with him once and for all."

"Well who will drop everything and join me?" I say exasperatedly.
"Simple. Me. I'm a doctor and will be able to make sure you and the baby will always be okay plus I have healing abilities . Now before news travels, we need to tell the others that they need to find a way to get rid of Nanners before we come back. We can't waste any time so we leave tomorrow Jon." Brock confidently states and I grow more anxious.
"Do I have to tell them that I..." I don't want to voice my worries that Evan will reject me in fear that he will if I do.

"Yes, you have to Evan. He won't reject you Jonathan, he loves you and I'm pretty sure he will be more upset about you leaving and him not being able to be with you. Owls mate for life and once he finds out that his life partner is pregnant... lets just say he'll be super protective of you and we might need to sneak out in order to leave or else he won't let us. If you don't want to tell the others about why we're leaving, don't, but Evan needs to know, after all he is the father." Moo erases all of my worries in one explanation making me forever grateful even more so to the eagle hybrid.

Evan's POV
Something has been going on with Delirious all week, but I don't know what. Not only has he been moody, his usual scent of cream and spice has taken on another smell, warm milk. Ever time I try asking what's wrong, he brushes it off as being a little under the weather. Yeah right.

I flop onto our bed just as a someone knocks on my bedroom door.
"Come in." I lazily answer and I immediately sit up when a nervous Jon pops in the room. His eyes flit all around the room, never landing on me and it bothers me more than it should.

"Jon, what wrong?" I question, but it comes out more as a demand. I hear him gulp as he stays near the doorway.
"Brock and I are leaving tomorrow for a while to protect me, and I don't know for how long. We will keep in contact though, so it's no big deal." He rushes out but I'm already up in his space.
"Who said you get to run away from me?" I demand but try not to let the disappointment and anger I feel seep through.

"I'm not running away, just hiding. E-Evan, I-I'm–" He sputters and I pull his shaking form into me.
"What love? What's wrong?" I soothe as my hand rubs relaxing circles on his back. His new mouth-watering scent is even tastier up close.

He breathes in deeply before speaking once more, staring right into my eyes. "I'm pregnant." His bottom lip trembles as he waits for my response. All I can think is that my little raccoon will soon be swollen with my child. I kneel down to lift up his shirt and press kisses where our baby will be growing. The action causes light giggles to pour from Jon's mouth.

I raise up to tell my love exactly what I think about his statement. "That's amazing, we're having a baby." I whisper in awe on his lips and his body visibly relaxes as a wide smile spreads across his face.
"I know."
"You will look so good with a baby bump. I guess that also explains why you smell like warm milk." I gush and he blushes.
"Really? I smell different? Anyway that's why me and Brock need to leave tomorrow, otherwise Nanners will go after me and if he gets me and the baby–"
"He won't! I won't let him!" I growl as I bring Jon protectively to my chest. I don't want him leave, what if he gets hurt?

I didn't realize how firm my hold on Jonathan is until he grabs my attention. "I'll be alright, that's why Moo is with me, he can heal. You guys have the job of getting rid of Nanners, because until that happens, I can't come back."
_________
It took all the guys to keep me from chasing after my lover as he left this morning. Yesterday evening Moo explained what Delirious told me, minus the him being pregnant. Instead Brock lied saying that having me and Jonathan separated would make it harder for Nanners to get a hold of us and accomplish his goals.

My mood is now sour because all I want to do is cuddle my pregnant boyfriend and dote on him, but he's now gone for as long as it takes us to deal with the problem. I want Nanners gone as quick as possible, but it's already been a month and we still are having difficulty dealing with him.

The only upside that made my mood a little better is finding out that now Lui and Nogla are dating.

Jon calls almost everyday telling me how he's doing and when the baby is due. The gestation is like a normal pregnancy according to Moo, so nine months. We both agreed to wait until the baby is born to know its gender, and by 2 months, Jon is telling me how he has a tiny bump causing me to want to chase after him even more.
________
It took just over 2 months to come up with a plan of destroying Nanners, and that's thanks to the sudden appearance of past enemy hybrids whom simply want freedom and have agreed to help. Our plan isn't really much of a plan, more like bust in and conquer.

It was definitely a success too because we managed to get rid of Nanners by poisoning him and finally set free all hybrids who were being caged, including Hazel, the kind scientist that was responsible for Delirious' escape.
_________
"How much longer!" I whine as I anxiously teeter on my feet.
"Relax Vanoss! In like an hour. Why are you so irritable?" Marcel grumbles as I completely ignore him.

My pregnant mate is finally coming back today after we've been separated for almost 3 months. And once he gets back I'm never letting him out of my sight again.

I can't wait to see him, smell him, dote on him and shower my little raccoon with love. I've been driving the other guys nuts with my constant pacing, whining and complaints throughout the period of Jonathan's absence.

Brian isn't any better, although he won't admit it, Brock being gone for this long has taken its tole on him. Like me, the grey wolf hybrid isn't the same without his lover (come on, they have to be dating it's just way too obvious).

The sound of the front door opening and shutting instantly draws everyone's attention as we sit in the living room. We haven't told the others about Jon's pregnancy, both him and I agreeing to do it the day he gets back.

My stomach does flips when the soft whispering of two familiar voices approaches me.
"Is it that noticeable like this?" A smooth voice frets, one belonging none other to than my lovely mate.

I'm quick to race towards him as he enters the living room, and he squeals in surprise before settling in my embrace. I suck in his scent, the warm milk smell amplified from our parting 3 months ago.
"Mine." I sigh happily as I nuzzle into his neck causing him to giggle and snuggle further into me. I feel his stomach press against me and my smile widens as one of my hands reach down to press against it.

He's no different, besides the bulging belly under an oversized blue hoodie. Brock is the same as well, except for the sudden action of him pulling Brian in for a large smooch leaving us gasping before laughing.
"Finally, you guys admit it to us!" Marcel says exasperatedly.

Their confession isn't the only one though.
"Guys," Jonathan starts nervously facing the group as I cling to him and rub his baby bump soothingly, "the real reason we left is because I'm pregnant." He finishes and holds his breath.

It's silent for a moment before Craig is squealing something about feeling the baby and everyone offers ecstatic congratulations.

Now all that's left is to propose to my beautiful mate and welcome our child into this world.
__________
A/N Short and kind of rushed/bad I know, but my schedule is hectic and I want to finish this story. Next chapter is the Epilogue, but thank you to everyone who was patient throughout the series, supported me with votes and awesome comments, and were overall there since the beginning. I also am squealing because this story has 30k reads. OMG 😱😱😱😱 Seriously you guys are amazing and I can't thank you enough. Unedited!!
~misty-chaos