Chapter 1 - Just A Normal Day...

*Jessica's P.O.V.*

"JESSICA!!!!" my Mum screamed from downstairs in a very annoying attempt to wake me.

"What?" I asked groggily replied down the stairs.

"BREAKFAST!" Mum shouted in response.

"Mum!! You don't have to shout!" I said as I tried to get out of my warm, comfy bed.

Why does my bed always feel comfier in the morning? I guess I will never know the answer to that. I finally managed to drag myself out of bed and walked slowly around my room searching for my dressing gown and my slippers. When I finally found them amongst a pile of my stuff in the corner of my room, I made my way down the stairs to see my Mum already eating her scrambled eggs and toast.

"Thanks for waiting for me Mum!" I said quietly, however it mustn't have been as quiet as I thought because my voice made her jump and spill her eggs down her front.

"I did wait for you, but you were taking too long so I decided to start eating before it went cold." Mum replied whilst scooping up the small bits of egg that were on her lap. I quickly walked over to the table and picked up some of the egg that fell on the floor after putting that in the bin I poured myself some orange juice and began to eat.

Once I'd finished eating I ran upstairs and jumped in the shower then changed into my clothes, floral leggings, black heels and a white blouse. Today was audition day, I was auditioning for the Xfactor, singing Heart Attack by Demi Lovato.  

*George's P.O.V.*

I woke up to see the sun shining through my window. I just lay there for a while and finally decided to get up, so I rolled out of bed. As I walked out of the room I glanced at my alarm clock and sprinted down stairs. I was going to be was late! So I quickly ate my breakfast, showered and dressed.

By this time it was 10:00, the auditioning started at 11:00 so I had 1 hour to practise. Time flew by quick and it was soon 11:00 when I arrived at the auditions. I received my audition number and decided to go through my song once more and the waited backstage nervously to be called for my audition.

Soon came the time for me to walk on stage and face the judges. 

"Hello and what's your name?" Asked one of the four judges.

"George Shelley" I replied. 

"Ok and how old are you?" 

"19" I answered.

So after the many questions I finally started singing. As soon as I started to sing I was loving it, as were the audience, everything seemed to be going well... 

Then it was time for the judges comments, they all agreed I had a good voice and said I had a very good stage presence. I was given a yes from each judge and happily walked off stage.

*Jessica's P.O.V.*

I was waiting backstage with my Mum and Dad, he had come home especially to see me audition, I hope I don't let him down. 

I was auditioning next after someone called George I think, he was really good! I don't think I'm going to make it past the audition stages . Oh well, it's worth a shot. George comes offstage and says good luck to me, I quicky thanked him and took my place on stage. 

"Hello, what's your name and how old are you?" said one of the judges.

"Hi, my name is Jessica Cassidy and I'm 17 years old." I replied. I wonder if they can here the nerves in my voice already?

I waited for the backing track to start then I started singing, quite shyly at first but when I heard the audience clapping and singing along I grew more confident and when I finished my song,  everyone was on their feet applauding me! 

"Wow!" I say quietly forgetting that the microphone is still on and everyone starts giggling at applauding even louder, I can't believe it! 

Now it's time for the judges comments, I'm dreading this!

They said I needed to work on my confidence a bit more and that I have an amazing talent and then I get a yes off each judge and I can't believe it, I'm through to bootcamp!!