Chapter 4 - Goodbye :(

*Jessica's P.O.V.*

"Mum, why do I need to wake up?? its only 7:30!!" I said sleepily.

"Jessica, don't tell me you forgot? your Dad is leaving for work today. He has to leave at nine so get up, go take a shower and get dressed. I will see you downstairs for breakfast in 30 minutes." she answered.

"Oh yeah... I'm going to miss him! Mum? should we throw him a surprise party before he leaves? I know its not like many people will even be up but even if it's just us? I want to give him a proper send off, no just the hugs." I suggested.

"Jessica, that is a really good idea! I will go bake a cake then make breakfast. Can you make some banners and party decorations?" Mum asked.

"of course I can Mum! I will start straight after I shower and get dressed." I said.

"Great!" Mum replied.

I decided to get my shower done as quickly as possible so that I could start working on my Dad's send off.

I got out the shower and dressed then went downstairs to see how Mum was getting on and get some paper. The cake was all mixed and she was just about to put it in the oven to bake when she caught me peering into the kitchen.

"Want to eat whatever's left in the bowl?" she asked.

I nodded my head in excitement as I would when I was a child. once I had finished stuffing my face I went to go get some paper. I decided to work on the banner first. After that I made paper chains and paper flowers and lots of other things. Everything was going to be perfect.

When dad came down to have breakfast me and Mum hid behind the counter and when Dad walked in we jumped out and shouted SURPRISE!!!! Dad looking so shocked and happy. I ran over and hugged him and after a few seconds Mum joined us too.

"FAMILY HUG!!" I shouted.

everybody laughed and we ate breakfast and then had a small piece of cake each.

After we ate our food and spoke to each other until the time came for Dad to leave, and me and Mum were about to burst into to tears but we managed to keep it in for Dad's sake. Me and Dad agreed to Skype at least 3 times a week and always text when we have the chance, I guess I'm just a Daddy's girl. We said our final goodbyes and watched Dad drive away, This is when Mum broke down crying...