Chapter 2 - Breaking The News

*Jessica's P.O.V.*

I walked off stage and hugged my parents whilst they said things a proud parent would say to their child. Eventually they let go of me and I grabbed my phone off my Mum I quickly text my best friends Charlotte and Jasmine saying I was through to bootcamp. A few seconds later I got a call from Charlotte, she was screaming down the phone and saying how good I am and that I'm going to win the competition, I was almost deaf after our conversation but I knew it was time to head back home as I had auditioned in London. 

I got it the car and put my headphones in already starting to think about what song I should choose for bootcamp. 

I feel my eyes growing heavier and then the next thing I know my Dad is carrying me into our house. He puts me down on the sofa and congratulates me and explains he has to leave for work again the the morning so this will be the last time I see him for about 6 months. I was sad that my Dad had to go away but I was also happy and excited about getting through to bootcamp.

After that, I ran upstairs into my bedroom and grabbed my guitar. I started to play a few songs I had already learned and started to think about making my own music. I played a few chords and messed about until I finally found a catchy tune. But how would I write my own song to go with it? So I decided to do some research. Once I'd put a tune together I wrote down what I wanted the song to be about and eventually wrote a few lyrics down. I had weeks to do this but I was too excited, this was my only chance.