#ChapterSix

Chapter six:  Web Shooter

Lunch time rolled around and I half expected my eyesight to go, but it stayed crystal clear to my surprise. It was weird, I could read perfectly fine from any distance, and I could even see the dust particles in the air. My eyesight has been blurry since a child, it's so strange how in one night it just magically healed.

I follow Harry into the cafeteria, my eyes wandering over to the the same corner they always do. Edward is sitting over in the far corner with the rest of his family, his head lifting up as my eyes meet his. I keep my eyes glued to his as I continue to follow Harry towards a table.

"Hey man." I hear someone say, and peeling my eyes away from Edward I notice there are other people at the table.

It's those surfer dudes.

"Hey guys, you don't mind if we sit with you today right?" Harry asks them, and I look at him eyes wide.

"No problem." The guy with long dreadlocks and beads says, turning his eyes on me. "Bella, right?" He asks me, looking up and down

"Um, yes." I nod, feeling my legs start to shake from nerves.

"You look different?" He says, looking deep into my eyes, as did the other guys at the table as they notice me.

"Thank you." I say lamely, not knowing what else to say.

"Harry, you coming down to La push, there are going to big waves on Saturday?" Another guy, who I think is called Tyler asked him.

I'm just glad the focus went off my sudden body change.

"Sure. Bella do you want to come? You don't have to surf if you don't want to." Harry reassures me.

Do I want to come....

"I guess so." I shrug, watching as the guys beedy eyes focus on me again. "I'm just going to get some food." I tell him, not being able to handle all the attention.

I'm not used to talking to anyone else but Harry, and I guess Edward now as well.

"Get me a apple." He shouts out in demand at my retreating figure.

Taking a deep breath, I join the back of the line I pick up a tray. It will be nice to get down to La push, I haven't been to a beach since I was a little kid. I know I definitely won't be going surfing.

Pushing my tray away from the salad section, I go to pick up an apple, but I hit it with the back of my hand, making it roll off the side.

Something inside of me panics, like my heart begins to beat really fast in fear of the apple hitting the floor. As I rush to reach out for it, everything slows down around me, my focus zoning in on the apple. It's like a sixth sense warning me and giving me time to react. I have no clue how I managed to react so fast, but I caught the apple in my hand.

"Nice reflexes." I heard Edward say, looking up, I am met with his warm hearted smile. "Bella." He grins even wider.

"Thanks" I mumble.

I let out a deep breath, putting the apple down on the tray in front of me. I don't understand what is going on with him. He doesn't talk to me for months, then he says we can't be friends, then he is worried about me, and now he is smiling talking to me like nothing has happened.

"You know your mood swings are kinda giving me whiplash," I retort, moving past him to keep the line moving.

"I only said it would be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't want to be." He declares, leaning towards me, as I turn to face him.