#ChapterSixteen

"You know I'm surprised, you're not a bad shot. Ever think about becoming a professional photographer?" I question, Edward.

We begin the treacherous walk back through the woods. Potentially we could make it out before sunset, but I really didn't want to experience taking a piggyback from Edward again. I like speed, but maybe that was just too much. My spider sense was going all over the place,  it was unnerving.

"No, in all the years I've lived I suppose it's the one field I never really thought about pursuing." He admits.

"And you've pursued many professions?"

"Oh, yes. Doctor, artist, musician, writer, scientist and just a decade ago I practiced mathematics not one of my wisest choices, but it was a reason to get out of the house,"

"That's a lot," I mumbled.

Maybe photography could be the one thing I could be better at than him.

"You realize you've got a lot of time on your hands when you are immortal. Perhaps I'll take up photography this time around, that way I'll be able to be with you," He replies, flashing me his crooked smile.

He can already see us being together still in the future. My cheeks burn at the thought, and I feel my palms begin to sweat. Nervous Bella is coming to the surface, I've been so confident recently, but I feel her creeping back in.

"Yeah, yeah. That would be cool," I stutter out, watching the ground.

"Bella?"

"Hmm." I hum in response.

"How would you feel about taking a little detour?"

"What kind of a detour?" I purse my lips.

"To meet my family." He replies.

We stop walking by this point, and I give him a skeptical eyebrow raise. He wanted me to meet his family, as far as I knew a majority of them hated me. At least that's what I saw when they look at me in the cafeteria at lunch.

I remember the first time I meet Harry's father, I was a bubbling mess, I didn't know what to say or how to act. Renee and Charlie always boasted about his prestigious ranking in the community and his wealth. That made me feel as if I had to impress him. I think I did, now Harry's father is like family to my own, he treats me as if I am one of his. And Harry- well he is certainly like a brother to me.

"They won't hurt you, I won't let them," He tells me, watching me closely.

"I'm not scared about that. I've just never had to meet my boyfriend's family before," I admit.

"Boyfriend?"

I just called Edward my boyfriend and didn't even realize it. It was almost like a reflex action. Heat flushed over my chest, rising up my neck towards my face.

"I- uh. I didn't mean to presume anything it's just- we kissed, and you showed me this. I just thought- that I don't know," I stumbled over my words, unable to look at him.

His cool fingers tilted my head up until I was looking at him grinning down at me.

"It would be an honor to be your boyfriend Miss Swan," He tells me, not dropping his smile.

"Seriously?"

I couldn't believe it. Thee Edward Cullen, the man who has plagued my fantasies and dreams ever since his family arrived here, 2 years ago, wanted to be my boyfriend. He wanted to be with me, out of all the better girls out there.

"I am very serious."

He furthered his point by leaning down and placing a chaste kiss to my lips. Much more innocent than the one last night, but it still set my heart off. Somehow his grin, grew after he pulled away.