>> C h a p t e r T w e n t y s e v e n

>> C h a p t e r  T w e n t y s e v e n

We had landed back in New York a few minutes ago and were walking towards our rental car.

"I can't believe you're making me do this." I groaned

Pietro looked at me and smiled and gave a little wink.

The little gesture still had an affect on me, I couldn't deny that I was still in love with him, he was always on my mind and I was always tempted to get in contact with him, but I knew it would be better if I didn't

I blushed lightly and looked away from Pietro, even though he still had such a strong affect on me, I didn't plan on staying in New York, I planned on heading back to Australia when this is all over.

Speed forward

I looked around the tower and took a deep breath, i couldn't believe I was back here, it has been so long and I don't know what to feel.

I am happy that I'm here but sad that I'm back... My emotions were all over the place.

I couldn't say that I wasn't upset that they kidnapped me just to get me here, but their methods are different then mine.

"So Willow, has anything changed?" Steve asked

I looked around the entrance the room still had the same lighting from where the sun entered the windows, the desks with the same employees still sat there staring at the computers like robots, the only thing that changed was the plant in the corner was gone and replaced with black leather chair.

"No... Everything is the same." I mumbled

Steve nodded his head as if he was silently praising everyone for keeping the place as is.

"Willow?" Fury said surprised as I walked into headquarters.

I looked at him and shrugged "they kidnapped me, wasn't my choice Nick."

"Rogers! Maximoff! You can't do this, you can't drag a person across the country if they don't want to!" Fury yelled.

"We couldn't let her go! We just remember her and now you want us to forget about her and just act like nothing is wrong! Nothing is missing in our lives! She's an avenger!" Steve stated loudly

I looked at the guys and signed, yes I was an avenger in the past but now I wasn't, I quit, I had turned on my team, I turned against the world, if I were to come back I would be hated, people would want me dead for hat I had done.

"I can't be an avenger!" I yelled finally voicing my opinion.

"Yes you can, you already were an avenger, you can be one again." Pietro replied lightly grasping my shoulder.

I shrugged his hand off and scowled "no, you seen the footage, I killed those people, I'm not a hero!"

"That was in the past."

"So was being an avenger." I replied harshly

"Stop!" Fury yelled getting in between the boys and I.

"I want to go back." I said quietly

"We had a deal, you give us a month and if you still don't want to be here you can go back to Australia." Pietro stated

"But I don't want to be here now." I complained

"You might change your mind, you might want to be here later, you don't know what you'll want." Steve replied

"Why won't you guys understand, two years ago i left, and i didn't and still don't want to come back, why won't you just leave me alone."

Pietro looked shocked and Steve was speechless

"You don't remember me, so stop acting like you know me, because you don't."

"We did, but you made us forget about you!"Pietro yelled

"I did that for your own good!" I screamed

"How? How would that do us any good?" Steve asked

"Because you wouldn't be upset that I left."

"Well we are upset that you made us forget about you!" Pietro yelled

"It was for the best!" I screamed at him my face turning red.

"No! No it wasn't, it was only the best for you!"

Smack

My head turned to the side of the impact, it stung and I was stunned.

I slowly turned my head to face him, he looks shocked and I couldn't believe he just slapped me.

Steve grabbed Pietro and pulled him away from me "you never touch a women like that! You never touch anyone like that Pietro!" He yelled at him.

Pietro just nodded his head, his mouth was gaping open as he looked shocked, I don't think he realized what he did.

"I'm-I'm-I'm sorry Willow, I-"

"-Save it for someone who cares." I snarled and walked out of the building

I didn't want to be apart of this, clearly Pietro was done with me, and Steve... Well I don't think Steve knows what he wants yet, but I know that I want to go back home.

And that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I raised my hand to my mouth and whistled hauling a taxi over towards me.

I opened the door and sat down in the seat buckling up.

"Where to?" The taxi driver asked as he looked into the mirror at me.

"Airport." I replied

The man nodded and started driving.

I looked out the window to see Nick Fury standing on the sidewalk, his eye never leaving mine as we drove away.

I looked away from him and looked down at my lap.

"So why are you running away?" The driver asked

I looked up from my lap and glanced at his eyes through the mirror. "It wasn't my choice to be brought back, I did some things, the people did some things, I just.... I just don't belong in New York."

The man nodded "not many people are made for the the big apple, you're young, you'll find your place in the world soon enough."

For a taxi driver, he had some great words of wisdom.