Unintentional Confrontation

A/N ~ Another chapter for you amazing readers. I am aware that the story is slacking and I wish I could do better. I have tried. Please comment and give me some feedback, it would really help me. Thank you and I hope you enjoy ~ Zana

Chapter Twenty - Unintentional Confrontation

Two weeks later

I was lying on my front, tapping away at the keyboard of the laptop, on my bed. I was surrounded with papers and books, mostly unused. The essay was due very soon, and I had been working on it for a week but I had yet to begin it. I punched at the keyboard through frustration, random letters appearing on the search engine. Google was assisting me on this essay but it was failing miserably.

"Argh, just give me some ideas already," I moaned at Google. I was too depressed to think for myself. I switched to Microsoft Word, the blank page mocking me. "You useless piece of..." I trailed off, banging my head on the keyboard.

My phone rang and I jumped up to answer it, several pieces of papers falling off the bed. Finally, some human contact!

"Why, why me?" I answered the phone without checking who it was.

"Oh, why? What's up, honey?" Her voice was cheery in comparision to the tone I'd have expected for concern.

"Sorry, Mum, it's nothing," I replied, carrying on with my problem anyway: "I've been at this essay for hours and still nothing!"

"Well, take a break then. Go watch some television or do something with Jasper, it's a Saturday! Oh, that's my cue," she advised as I heard Joey call her name. "Just called to let you know I'm staying over at Joey's tonight. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon after work. Bye, love you!" She put the phone down even before I was able to respond.

I gaped at the phone, staring at the screen as if she was able to perceive my surprise. When did our conversations end so quickly? She used to take her time on the phone, making sure I was all right but now, it's as if they last two minutes. And when did she stop asking for my permission to stay out late? I was once her number one priority but these days that appears to have changed.

I glanced at the time on the laptop: 6:02pm. There's no point in another attempt of this essay. I closed down Microsoft Word and as I went onto exiting the internet, I couldn't help myself and typed in the web address for Facebook onto the address bar.

I knew what was coming but I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.

A tear slipped down my left cheek as I read through a few messages. I didn't bother wiping away the tears and they just kept flowing. They were always the same sort of messages yet I still wasn't used to them. Another ten minutes and the new messages and wall posts came to an end. I sniffed and wiped away my tears, shutting down the laptop. I laid down, the remaining papers underneath me rustling as I bore my weight onto them

I wish Ashley was still here. Everything would still be perfect that way. I never thought about it before but my life used to be pretty amazing. I took everything for granted and until now, never experienced a struggle. I picked up my phone with the intention to call Jasper; I couldn't stand moping around any longer.

"Hey, Taz, you Ok?" He answered on the third ring. I heard familiar voices in the background.

"Fine, you?" I sighed. Was I really fine?

"Yeah, I'm good. 'Sup?" I knew he'd ask sooner or later.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to hang or something? I need to get out of the house!"

"Ah, well I'm busy at the moment but how about we grab some late dinner at some resturant? You pick. Say about eight or nine-ish?" I was slightly disappointed.

"No worries and sure we can meet for nine. I'll call Serenity if she wants to meet up now." I smiled weakly even though he was unable to see it.

"Actually, she's with me too."

"Who else is there?"

"Everyone really; Hannah, Jay, Jessica and Serenity's boyfriend, Oliver." He sounded as if he was counting. I wanted to ask him why does he bother hanging with Hannah but I couldn't get myself to say it.

"Oh cool, well catch you later. I'll text you a resturant and I'll meet you there," I mumbled in a hurry, stumbling over my words.

"Ok, see you soon, bye." And with that he locked off. I smothered the pillow over my face, after throwing my phone onto the bed besides me, to muffle out the much needed scream.

"Why, just why?" I mumbled into the pillow. I remained in that position for a while before deciding I needed some air.

I didn't bother changing out of the white vest top and grey jogging bottoms, instead I just threw on a green hoodie. I grabbed a bottle of water from the kitchen before I headed out. I knew exactly where I was going: the park. The pace I moved in wasn't exactly a jog nor was it just walking and within minutes I rounded the corner to the park. I headed for the boulder: Jasper's special place. As I crossed the bridge, I heard the calm splashes of the artifical waterfall. It was soothing me to the point I was humming but as I approached the boulder I noticed it was occupied and not just by anyone, but by the very same people who used to be my friends.

I lifted the hood onto my head and pulled at the strings to tighten around my face. I felt protected. Their giggles and laughter travelled down to me. I could've been a part of that. A smart person would turn back round and head the other way but being the person I am, I thought quietly sneaking past them would be a good idea. I took a few steps forward before I saw their eyes bore into my right cheek through my peripheral vision. I quickened my pace but just as I walked directly ahead of them she spoke:

"So the murderer thought she could join us." Her voice was filled with pure hate. I swivelled to face her, stuffing my hands in my pocket.

"N-no, I don't want to cause any tr-trouble. I didn't know you guys were here," I stuttered. In all honesty, Hannah frightened me. She could go to so many levels of evilness that I'd probably think I was in hell.

"Oh really? You think I'm unaware of the phone call you and Jasper just had?" She sneered, her eyes squinted at me. I looked from one face to another but noone seemed to have the desire to help me. Anger was pulsating through my veins. How could they do that to me? We've all been friends for years.

"H-he didn't s-say where you were, I swear," I backed away.

"Oh, wha-" she began but Jasper cut her off.

"It's the truth, I didn't tell her, Hannah. Calm down," he almost begged.

"Whatever. That piece of dirt killed my boyfriend and if I see her outside of school, she better watch her back!" She was staring at me but spoke to the others as if I wasn't right in front of her.

I turned to Jasper but his mouth was clamped shut. Really, he wasn't going to defend me? None of them were? The anger built up. I took a step towards them.

"It's not my fault Ashley died," I screamed. "Look, you weren't really making him happy were you! He loved me and you couldn't keep him happy even if your life depended on it. If anything you caused his death." I don't know what possessed me to say it but as soon as I did I felt relieved. Everyone apart from Hannah gasped.

"You're such a liar. He didn't love you!"

"Yes. He. Did!" With every word I took a step forward. "And you know what, it was the day he had a fit at school, that very moment you went to the kitchen to find a chocolate bar in the kitchen. And he meant it! He loved me, Hannah, he loved me!"

She jumped down from the boulder at great speed, that I hadn't even realised until her feet were firmly on the ground and...

A/N ~ *giggles* sorry guys, but you'll have to read the next chapter to find out what Hannah does. Let me know what you think might happen next with a comment. Thanks for reading again. ~Zana