Jerky Jasper and Hormonal Hannah

Chapter Two - Jerky Jasper and Hormonal Hannah

Hannah, Jasper, Jay and I departed from the rest of the group as our registration class was in the opposite direction to theirs. We all sped across the play ground to get to class and just as I reached the door to the corridor Jay called me back. 

"Hey Taz wait up! I'm thirsty," he stopped to drink water from the fountain. 

"Gosh! We're going to be late, Jasper and Hannah have already gone," I moaned, yet strolled over to him anyway. 

"Since when did you care about being late," he shot back. Just as I reached him, he stood back up and spat the water directly onto my face. One good thing about Jay is that he has great aim; in different circumstances for example if I was a spectator watching it happen to others I would be proud of him and reward him with a high five, but in this situation I was the victim. As the warm mixture of water and saliva splashed onto my face, I gasped in shock. "Revenge is sweet!" 

He darted across to the door and I just got a glimpse of his back as he ran into the corridor, turning the corner. I vigorously wiped at my wet face before running after him with one intention: get him back ten times as hard. My legs ran faster than his so I wasn't far behind when a teacher passing by ordered us to stop running, but as she just sped past us we didn't bother to listen. When I was close enough to be able to reach out and grab him I jumped onto his broad back, my hands slapped against his sweaty face. 

"That's revenge for you, how do you like it now!" I laughed He slowed down as my hands were covering his eyes and that was my chance to tackle him onto the floor, only as I attempted to do so he stumbled backwards tripping over his feet and we both fell onto the floor with all his weight on top of me. I couldn't help inhaling the sweet scent of his hair as the back of his head very nearly smashed into my face even with the throbbing pain on my bum, but he rolled himself off me in time. 

"You okay, Taz?" Jay panted, breathlessly. The smirk on his face gradually disappeared. 

"Have I ever told you how unfit you are?" My own breathing quite heavy. 

"Yes you have, how am I unfit though?" He frowned from besides me as we both made no movement to get off the floor and just lay there side by side. 

"You can make a massive lake with the amount you sweat," I joked.  

"It isn't my fault; I just naturally sweat a lot. At least I don't smell bad," he defended himself. 

"What? Are you implying that I smell bad?" My eye brows furrowed at him. 

"And look at this; at least I have meat and muscles for that matter." He wrapped one hand around my small biceps.  

"Pshhh, like that's even big, I can take you down in an arm wrestle any day!" I referred to his large biceps. It was a fact that Jay was way stronger than me, I enjoyed merely teasing him as he always had an interesting response. 

"Young man, young lady, get up this instance!" A female voice boomed down at us. We quickly snapped our heads towards the direction of the voice and saw the Principal's red face, flashing at us. Her wide body blocked some of the light we were receiving from the corridor. 

We quickly staggered onto our feet, straightening out our creased uniforms. 

"Sorry Miss, we were just -" Jay began. 

"I don't want to hear it; I have no time for two immature teenagers. Just get to class." She didn't give us a chance to talk before she turned on her heels and hurried past us. Her hair tied up into a neat bun kept her hair from going onto her face.