21. A ruined relationship

A/N ~ Hey, you lovely readers, you. Another chapter, which I’m aware is very predictable, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. At the moment, I am contemplating whether to end it soon or not. Please help me out please, pwetty pwease? Anyways onto the chapter ~ Zana

Chapter Twenty-One – A ruined relationship

Hannah lunged at me, her arms stretched out in front of her. The force caused me to stumble backwards and trip onto the ground, my back smashing hard against it, and in turn she fell on top of me. In seconds, she managed to position herself so my hands were pinned down with her knees (I could feel the stones scraping at the back of my hands) and she was sitting on my stomach. The pain I experienced was unbearable, triggering the reluctant scream I let out. Everything happened way to fast; no one had the time to anticipate what was happening before it happened in order to prevent it.

“You little lying scumbag!” Her voice came out in a screech, her saliva flying into my right eye. She clawed into my cheeks, each swipe causing a sharp sting as her nails dug into skin. I struggled under her weight but that only sent a fresh new shot of an agonising sensation. I heard the others shout but I couldn’t decipher their words. I was beginning to feel strangely weak.

“I. Hate. You! I hate you so much!” Each word was accompanied with a slap for each cheek. My face was burning. It hurt too much. I was suffocating under her weight.

I closed my eyes, waiting for each blow, hoping for a rescue soon. There was no way out of this on my own.

I let out a wavy breath as my arms were set free, followed by her weight lifting off me. I opened my eyes to perceive Jessica leaning over my face, her hair tickling my neck.

“Taz, are you OK?” Jessica stretched out a hand which I took more than willingly.

“I’ll be fine,” I croaked. I struggled to my feet, even with the help. The pain was too much.

“Oh no, you’re bleeding,” she pointed out, frowning and touching one of the scratches on my face. She apologised when I hissed. “Oh my God, and your hands too!” She examined them.

I snatched my hands away and glanced over her shoulder. Why hadn’t the others come to my aid? Then I saw why. Hannah was crying in Jasper’s arms – I assumed he was the one who lifted her off – while Serenity patted her on the shoulder. Jay and Oliver were nowhere to be seen. I grinded my teeth, a fresh blow of pain shot through my face. I was angry. I was hurt. I was jealous. I’m the victim in this situation, I always have been, yet they’re always consoling her.

“Taz, are you crying?” Jessica waved her hands in front of me.

“No,” I lied, sniffing and wiping away the tears with the back of my hands. Serenity caught my eye and decided to come over.

“No, you’re not! And don’t do that, you’re getting more blood onto your face from your hands. I’m taking you home to get you cleaned up, Ok?” She said before Serenity approached.

“Hi,” Serenity smiled, halting in front of me.

“Are you all right? You’re bleeding pretty badly,” I was told once again.

“I’ll be fine,” I repeated.

“Let me just go tell the others I’m taking you home,” Jessica informed.

“It’s OK, Jess, really. I can manage on my own. I’ll, err, see you guys around… maybe.” It came as a shock. Jessica helping me, I mean. If anything I thought Jasper or Serenity would since I kept in contact with them while I hadn’t with the others. Jessica just seemed to be avoiding me all the time.