~| The Book of Angels |~

Chiriko's POV

"Seeing that all of you here will be faithful to your sworn oaths, I want to plan this crisis with you. The more minds the better. Now, tell me all the things you know." I demanded.

"Your majesty, Queen Hachiko intended to use Elier Doma to destroy the Deus Oculus." Masashi stated which gave me a shock.

Deus Oculus, a sacred weapon protected by the Royal Family of Junsuina. Why would Hachiko want to destroy it?

Wrecking its peace after 139 years?

"Queen Hachiko planned to merge with Elier Doma to destroy it. It would have given her enough power to do so. Her reasons were always unknown but we owe our lives to her that we will serve her no matter what the cost."

There was an awkward silence. Such portrayal of loyalty struck me.

"And we also pledged it to you, Queen Chiriko. We have respected Queen Hachiko and your decisions towards what is must." Vangalourde broke the silence and it made a blush crept into my cheeks. The way he said it was bold and fierce. I cannot even explain what I am feeling.

Goddamit Chiriko, stay focused on the matter at hand.

"I am grateful for it as well Vangalourde. You will all be honoured in due time for your bravery. Any more information?" I replied bringing back the previous subject.

"Unfortunately my lady queen, that is all we know. Queen Hachiko planned to use Elier Doma to destroy Deus Oculus because it will destroy this world." Ioda continued and I was on the edge of my seat. All this is hard to absorb.

What on this world is happening here?

"You are all under oath. If you discover anything else, you will tell me. Am I understood?"

"Yes, Your Highness." They all replied.

"You may all leave." I commanded and did as I told.

I made my way down the Chair and exited the Throne room. Hachiko has a shelf in her own room. There must be something there.

I went back to my current quarters and hastened towards the shelf. There were a dozen of books. I took one and the pages were soiled with age but fortunately, they are still readable. My interest was taken by the seal in the lower right of its front page.

The seal of Tempescus, Kingdom of the North. Hachiko had been into Tempescus?

What was her purpose?

Lookin back at the book, it was written in ancient Fioric. A language exclusive to people who wield any kind of magic. It talks of pure and sacred winged creatures called "Angels".

I flipped pages and I found a quill inserted in one section.

When the earth was a child
Two angels set foot in her
One will bring the end
One shall nurture life

The Seal of End will be broken
Chaos will befall the Earth.
Leading to death.

Unless the Life is restored 

I suddenly remembered the old storybook Hachiko and I loved when we were young. Elius and Lusier. They were heaven sent twins to their mother.  Lusier became bad. He blamed Elius for all his wrongdoings and people believed it. Elius was always the good one and so he became resilient to his brother's crime.

But Elius fought against Lusier when he planned to hurt their mother. Lusier died but he became good thanks to Elius.

The book was very unpopular because they think it has a bad ending.

Well, me and Hachiko loved it. I sighed.

Back where things were simpler and the world was kind.

Hachiko, I'm so sorry.

A wave of nausea suddenly swept over me and I closed the book. I massaged my forehead and temples. My chest tightened and threw fits. I very agitated by this. I'm getting weaker and weaker. It is almost as of I have gotten old and dull.

I was alarmed by the blood I spat out. It was then I realized the side effects of the Hell's Dragon Manipulation magic. Lung problems with Insomnia. I took a deep breath and wiped the blood off with linen. Things are getting complicated by the minute.
Hachiko, what are you trying to say?

"My lady queen, dinner is ready." I heard Ioda through the door and I bolted upright and shoved the book back into the shelf.

"We shall go together."I replied and walked to open the door. I was greeted by a monstrous figure likened to that of a Gargoyle and a Dragon combined. She must be a Daroyan, one of Hachiko's creations.

"I see, this is you in your true form Ioda. You surprised me." The shock left me and left me giggling. Ioda being Ioda took it seriously and with her head on the floor she asked for forgiveness.

"Stand up please Ioda. No harm done." I replied. I felt my throat itch and coughed.  The blood I spat went on Ioda's cheek. I embarassedly took out my linen and wiped it off.

"I am embarassedly sorry, Ioda." I aplogized.

"My lady, you are ill!" Ioda exclaimed.

"The side effects of using Dark Magic, yes. I am fine Ioda. I can actually heal myself." I said that struck me a realization. I can heal myself now. Using Dark Magic does not prevent me from using Light Magic.

I was young back then when I last tried it. I didn't know how to heal myself but with what I have now, it is worth a trial.

"As you have said, my lady. Shall we go?" Ioda queried.

"And go we shall." I replied