Chapter Two

A/N: There's some ED/SH triggers in this chapter, and I am by no means trying to cause anyone a relapse or hurt anyone so if you're sensitive to it please skip those parts. Happy reading :)...

Chapter Two: Caught

After Olivia and Genesis left the courthouse they headed to the station house. When they got there, they headed through the doors. Olivia had been watching Genesis, and making sure she didn't make any sudden movements. When Genesis stopped when they walked through the squad doors, Olivia whispered to her reassuringly.

"It's ok sweetie, this is where I work. I just have to pick up a couple of things, and then I'll take you home"

Genesis's eyes widened with horror, and she turned to run from the squad-room. Olivia went right behind her wrapping her tiny frame in her arms when she caught up to her.

"NOO! No! Put me down!" the young girl flailed in Olivia's arms trying and failing to get out of her grasp.

"Calm down sweetie. Shh...You're safe! No one here is going to hurt you" Olivia said as Genesis slid from her arms onto her hand and knees.

"Y-you mean you're not taking me back to the Lambert's?" She asked softly still facing away from Olivia.

Olivia's eyebrows rose as she realized that's what the girl must of thought when she said "home".

"Is that what you thought? No honey if I have my way you will never go back to them, ok?" Olivia said moving in front of Genesis so she could look into her eyes prepared for the distrust, unease, and hurt she would see there.

"Ok" Genesis said getting up from the floor.

"Cmon. I just have to pick up some things from here and we can go" Olivia said omitting the word home.

As they stepped back into the squad-room Olivia realized she would have to earn Genesis's trust and that it was going to be no easy task. All her experience with victims told her this was different. Not only was the girl a victim but she was also temporarily hers.

When they got to Olivia's desk Fin looked up confused.

"Hey Liv, what's with the kid? Is she a vic? Where's her parents?" He asked getting up heading over to her desk.

"She's my foster daughter Fin."She answered, gathering her bag and a few case files off of her desk.

"Huh? When did you get a kid?" He asked confused by the news.

Amanda chose that moment to return from the interrogation rooms.

"Liv has a kid?" Amanda asked.

"Screw you Fin." She said to Fin.

"We'll talk about it later" She snapped at Amanda clearly irritated by all the questioning.

"Welcome to the family baby girl" Fin offered his hand to Genesis. He must have done it rather suddenly because she jumped back.

"I'm sorry to scare you. I'm Fin. Who are you sweetie?" He asked still offering his hand.

Genesis looked up at Olivia, at Fin's hand, and back at Olivia. Olivia nodded.

"It's ok Genesis it's just a hand. He's not going to hurt you" Liv said softly.

Genesis gave Fins hand a quick shake. Captain Cragen walked out of his office, seeing Olivia back at her desk then realizing she wasn't alone.

"Genesis that's a pretty name" Fin smiled at the young girl.

"Olivia can I see you in my office?" Cragen asked.