Chapter Five

Chapter 5: Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

The next morning Genesis woke up, and she didn't realize where she was. She looked around an saw Olivia in the chair beside her bed, holding her hand. She tried to pull her hand away, and Olivia woke up. She stood up and kissed her on the forehead.

"Hey sweetie how are you?" Olivia asked moving her hair out of her face.

"Where am I?" She croaked.

"You passed out. You're in the hospital." Olivia said calmly.

Genesis sat up, and kicked away the covers.

"I wanna go home. Please. Can we go?" She said. Her voice filled with panic.

Olivia placed her hands on her shoulders and gently pushed her back against the bed.

"No sweetie" She said shaking her head. "We can't go right now."

Genesis flopped back down against the pillows. She eyed her IV. 'Thats probably full of calories' she thought. She crossed her arms across her chest.

"How long do I have to be here?" She asked tears welling in her eyes.

"It was just over night honey." Olivia said as she moved to sit on the side of the bed.

"Can't you tell them I'm feeling better?I dont like it here. I want to go home.P-please?" Genesis cried as hot tears streamed down her face.

"Shhh" Olivia said taking her in her arms. "It's ok honey."

Genesis hugged her back. She didn't know why but for the first time in her life she felt safe, and loved. As her sobs settled to hick ups, she looked up at Olivia.

"Olivia, p-please help me. I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. Please don't give up on me!" She cried curling back into Olivia.

Olivia held her and gently patted her back.

"Oh Genesis, of course I'll help you. I love you. And there's nothing to be sorry about. I have to tell you something though" Olivia said quietly.

Olivia slowly pushed the girl away from her, so she could look into her eyes.

"What?" Genesis asked. Her voice sounding weak and vulnerable.

"They did a rape kit while you were unconscious. There wasn't any evidence to gather. I really think it's time for you to tell me what happened" Olivia said firmly.

"I said I didn't want one!" Genesis snapped throwing herself back against the pillows.

"Legally I gave consent for you. I know its painful, and hard but I really need you to tell me what happened ok?" Olivia said softly looking into Genesis' eyes.

"Fine. Fine I'll tell you. But not here" She threw her arms in the air gesturing to the room.

"Ok... We'll talk about it at home-"

Just then a nurse knocked on the door. When Olivia granted her entry, she came in pushing a tray with food on it.

"Were going to retest your levels, and let you out of here after you eat this" She said sliding the tray in front of Genesis. Raising it up.

Once she left Genesis looked at Olivia.

"I'm not eating this!" She said pushing the tray away from her.

"You need to eat. The Dr. Says you're malnourished"

Genesis scoffed. How could the Drs and everyone look at her and think she needed to eat? Were they blind? Did they not see all the fat all over her body?