Chapter Three

Chapter 3: Hurt Me

They stood there staring at each other for a few minutes. Both pairs of dark brown eyes wide in surprise. Olivia snapped out of it first, her maternal instincts kicking in. She sprang into action.

She ran to Genesis, and wrapped her arms around her, using one hand to grab the hand with the razor adding pressure to force her to drop it. Genesis snapped out of her shock of being caught.

She started fighting against Olivia's hold. But Olivia was much stronger. So she started screaming.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO! NOOOO!" Genesis tried squirming free again.

"Drop the razor sweetie. Let it go" Olivia said still squeezing her wrist.

"NOOO! GIVE IT!" Genesis wailed, still struggling against Olivia's grasp.

Eventually Genesis let go of the razor, and stopped struggling against her. She went completely still in Olivia's arms breathing heavily from exertion.

Olivia whispered reassuringly to her.

"It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise. I just want to help you."She said rocking her from side to side.

Genesis was not use to such contact. She didn't like it but she knew she couldn't fight it. She completely shutdown. What Olivia did next scared her shitless but she didn't fight against it. She froze.

Olivia kneeled down, and lifted the child into her arms carrying her away from the bathroom, and into her own room. Olivia was surprised at how weightless Genesis was. She wanted to question her, she wanted so much to comfort her but now she forced herself to focus on tending to her cuts.

She flicked the light on in her bedroom, and laid Genesis on the bed. When she was sure Genesis wouldn't try running from her ,she dashed to the bathroom grabbing the first aid kit from the cabinet. She returned a moment later with the kit.

She sat beside Genesis, and wasn't sure whether she should be concerned with the state she was in. Genesis was aware of what was happening around her. But she felt she was being traumatized, again. She wasn't used to soft touches, or hushed voices. So she kept repeating to herself 'Don't move, don't you dare move. If you stay still it will be over faster'.

Olivia carefully removed Genesis' pajama bottoms, and tried not to gasp when she saw the heavy bruises on her thighs. 'That bastard raped her. It was probably ongoing until she ran away.' She swallowed the lump in her throat and continued to tend to the cuts there. There was so much blood she decided to just put her in the tub.

Olivia slowly lifted Genesis' shirt from her body, and wasn't surprised to see the bruises on her upper arms, and shoulders. She guessed to be from being held down. But the bones showing through her skin was what worried her. The bones, her sunken in face, hollow eyes,and her scooped out stomach. All she wanted to do was cry. 'No wonder she doesn't trust anyone. Everyone who was supposed to love her and take care of her has hurt her or threw her away'she thought. She shook her head.

"Genesis, I'm just going to give you a bath ok? You don't have to be afraid. I'm not going to hurt you" She said softly.

Genesis didn't respond at all. She did bury her face in Olivia's neck when she felt herself in her arms again. Olivia's heart melted and she thought 'Maybe I'm finally getting her to trust me'.

Genesis thought'Maybe she really won't hurt me. But I still can't be too sure.'

Olivia sat Genesis down on her feet, and ran water into the tub. She turned her attention back to Genesis. She was standing there shaking. Olivia approached her slowly.