Chapter Six

Chapter 6: Accidental Discovery

After what seemed like hours of crying together on the floor Olivia convinced Genesis to let her take her to the hospital. She loosely wrapped her hand in a towel and helped her to the car. Genesis was still begging for death, and Olivia was devastated.

"Let me die. Let me die. Let me die". She repeated over and over in the car.

Tears continued to trickle down her face. She couldn't believe this was happening to her. She wanted so much to die. She hated the life inside of her. She continued to think about the pile of shit her life had just dumped on her. When Olivia spoke.

"I think you need to talk to someone" Olivia said, exhaling.

"What?!No way!" Genesis snapped.

"Well you're not talking to me." Olivia said dryly.

"I do talk to you momma..." She whispered.

"Then what was that about?"

"I-I can't tell you..."

"Why not?"

Olivia pulled over, and cut the engine. She turned to face Genesis in the car.

"What is it? What is it you think you can't tell me?"She begged.

Genesis could see how much she was hurting and she didn't want to hurt her mother but she couldn't tell her this. How could she? It wasn't fair. The woman had opened her heart to her, and dealt with her craziness, and now this? No it wasn't fair. She had to handle this alone.

"I want to tell you...I-I just can't. You have changed your whole life for me. I'll ruin everything! Again!" She said burying her face in her hands.

"What is it Gen? Please just tell me. I know you're still holding back. But why?" Olivia begged to be let it.

She placed her hands over Genesis', pulling them down so she could look in her eyes. She hated to be shut out, again.

"I'd rather be dead! Please don't make me do this!" Genesis cried.

"Would you rather talk to Huang? What is going on?" Olivia pressed again.

"Momma please! Don't make me! I don't want to! I'll kill myself!" Genesis said yanking off her seatbelt, and bolting from the car.

She took off down the street. She had no sense of direction she just ran, and ran until she felt like her lungs were gonna burst. She fell to the ground crying, and wrapped her arms around herself. Strangers on the street staring at her.

"Are you ok kid?" A stranger asked.

"Move away from her please"Olivia said firmly.

Seconds later she felt herself in a hold that had become familiar in the past month, and she didn't fight it as her mother lifted her into her arms. She leaned into her mothers arms wrapping her arms around her neck. Olivia spoke to her in hushed tones as she carried her back to the car.

"It's ok sweetie let's get your hand taken care of ok?"

"I'm so tired mommy." She said softly. "So sick and tired"

Olivia kissed her forehead as she strapped her into the front seat.

"I'm gonna help you baby just hold on." Olivia said, worry edged in her tone.

By the time they reached the hospital Olivia was more than worried for Genesis' state of mind.

"C'mon sweetheart were gonna get your hand seen to" Olivia said lifting Genesis from the car.