Chapter Eight!

Phil's POV

I wasn't mad, more like upset. I stood up once Dan left the room and sprayed some air freshener and made some hot chocolate for the both of us. I brought them both in the living room and took a sip of mine before placing it down next to Dan's on the coffee table. I turned on Buffy and sat watching it when I saw a Dan emerge from the bathroom, wet hair and a towel wrapped low around his waist. "Hey, haven't you looked at my v-line enough?" he asked me disappearing off into his bed room. I giggled a bit at his remark and sat back down in the sofa.

"Hey babe, just hurry yeah? Your hot chocolate's getting cold," I heard Dan's pitter-patter feet running in the room.

"Chocolate? Where!?" he almost shouted as he jumped on the couch beside me. I pointed to the table and he took a sip sighing and leaning back into the couch. "You know? This is a lot better than weed any day," I didn't really understand why he made a joke but like he said, that's the way he got through things.

"Yeah, that's why you don't need it," I sent him a week smile and he sent one back. "I love you, you don't need drugs," I said in his ear and kissed his cheek.

"Sorry Phil," he cuddled into me and I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his forehead.

"Look, it's no bother, just tell me next time before you run off again please baby?" I felt a tear from Dan drip on my hand. "No, no, no! Don't cry, shhh," I picked him up and placed him on my knee so he was cuddled into my chest.

"I'm ... pathetic," He whimpered into my chest his full body quivering. I noticed he was starting to sweat quite a bit.

"Don't you dare say that again, I love you, you know full well I do, why are you sweating so much?" I asked him and he shrugged and started shaking again.

"Phil... what's happening?" He looked up at me and pure fear glistened in his eyes.

"I don't know Dan babe, you're going to bed," I picked him up bridal style and he was still buried in my chest. I walked into his room and placed him down on the bed. "It's ok, shh, it's going to be fine, I'll go get you some water," His bottom lip had started to tremble and he had climbed under the blanket even though he was still sweating.

I came back in with the water and sat him up so he could take a drink. "T-thanks Phil," He crawled back down to put his head on his pillow facing the ceiling. "I k-k-know you j-just g-got up but c-can you l-lay with me p-p-p-please?" his voice was shaky and tears were forming in the corners of his eyes.

"Shh, of course," I crawled under the bed sheets with him and even though he was sweating heavily now I wrapped my arms around him and he cuddled into me. "Just go to sleep Danny, I'm here," but he couldn't. I knew how hard he was trying, he just couldn't. He was tossing and turning, stretching and screaming.

"It's no good! I cant sleep!" He almost shouted in my ear. "What's happening? Why.. why?" Tears flew freely from his eye's as he nuzzled into me chest.

"I don't know baby, honestly, maybe you're coming down with something?" I kissed his forehead and rested my head on his.

"Y-yeah maybe," I loved our little moments like this and that's why after all these months I DO still love Dan. "Can I get out of bed yet?" He asked looking up at me and I nodded smiling at him.

"Yeah, of course," we both stood up and walked into the living room, Dan trailing his blanket along with him. "You make us a comfy bed slash sofa thing and I will make us some hot chocolate," Dan scurried into the living room and set up the blanket so we could share it. After making them I walked back in and handed Dan his. "Doctor Who?" I asked picking up the controller and he nodded.

There's nothing like Doctor Who and hot chocolate with the one you love.