FA36 : The Serpent Ring || Darkangel9872005

The Serpent Ring submitted by Darkangel9872005

Summary  : Lee Burke has always been alone and she likes it that way

Summary  : Lee Burke has always been alone and she likes it that way. Orphaned at a young age, being shipped around like unwanted luggage, she has frozen her heart and pushed any one away who attempted to get close. Smart and musically talented, everyone knows Lee will go places. There is just one thing standing in her way. For as long as she can remember, Lee has seen and heard things. Things that should not exist. Monsters that take pleasure in harming others. Grotesque beasts whose growls shake the earth beneath her feet. Small flickering lights that beckon her to explore the dark forests that surround the towns. Beautiful creatures with skin that glows with captured starlight.

Her doctor has diagnosed her with schizophrenia. A severe mental disorder that causes hallucinations, causes one to hear voices that are not there and changes in behavior. Lee has never questioned the diagnosis. However, when she arrives to her new foster home in a sleepy town in Northern Virginia, her new foster brother acts strangely when ever Lee reacts to something she hears or sees. Like he can hear what the things say. As if he can see them too. When the people at school start reacting to the creatures as well...Lee starts to question everything she has ever thought to know. When people go missing, Lee wonders if maybe they were ever really hallucinations at all.

Status : Ongoing

Parts : 3

Reads : 200

Votes : 32

Comments : 49

Genre : Fantasy