AC112 : Anthem Of The Fallen || juliannav135

Anthem of The Fallen submitted by juliannav135

Summary : In a world ravaged by the destruction of the apocalypse, teenagers are forced to fight the wars

There are two sides in this war; what each side is fighting for is unclear.Adults command both armies far from the front lines and out of harms way. Most can't explain the reason for the war. Some have false ideas. What if there is no explanation?This is a story of heartbreak, loss, and determination. Who will stand? And who will fall?-----------------And inside the hole were the mangled bodies of enemy soldiers. I had done this. I'd done it to save myself and my unit. I was selfish. Those soldiers didn't deserve to die, but I'd taken their lives without a second thought. Jake was wrong. I didn't have heart. If I did, I wouldn't have killed all these teenagers I've been killing for years...-----------------In this Hell that we fought to stay alive in, frogs didn't croak their music, birds didn't chirp their songs, and children didn't sing in laughter. No. Instead, lives ended with the sounds of machine guns firing, hand grenades exploding, and teenage soldiers crying in terror. As I laid there beneath my dying comrade, I thought to myself: This was our song; the anthem of the fallen.

Status : Ongoing

Parts : 17 

Reads : 831

Votes : 132

Comments : 38

Genre : Action