Chapter 4 - Keira

I stared at the wall in despair. Well done, nice one Autumn, my brain told me bitterly. You've managed to lose your first friend in this strange new world and you have no hope of getting back to your home.

                I could never have imagined that my life would be in this mess. I was meant to grow up, have fun, get my GCSEs, my A Levels, go to University and get a job. I was meant to have a family. I was meant to have a life.

                "What have I done?" I whispered to myself, my head in my hands. Sometimes you are so stupid, Autumn. Sometimes I wish you were normal! My brain shouted at me again, which only made me want to break down even more. My life was a mess. I was a mess.

                I wondered what the future held for me. Would I ever see Geraldine again? Or any of my friends? I missed them. I even missed Rylie, which was kind of scary. Especially after she had spread rumours about Keira and I when we were eleven. Keira and had never forgiven her for that. And Keira...where was she? Was she a...a werewolf? It was all my fault, I should have told her not to go down that alley.

                I should find her. Then maybe we can get out of this madhouse and get home.

                I stood up and looked down at my clothes. They felt different. A white gown, loose and brought in at my waist, a bit like Celie's except plain white. I didn't know how, but it was clean. It was styled from the Greeks, from what I could tell, and on my feet were a pair of cream ballet slippers, soft leather and comfy.

                Wait...had they changed me from my other clothes? That was just really embarrassing. And what had they done with my other clothes? My bag? My phone? If they've lost it...I had to save up for months to buy that, I thought angrily, running my hand through my hair, combing it out with my fingers. It was greasy, and I felt dirty. My face was probably a polka dot party, with my freckles and the spots that would probably be all over me.

                I padded over to the window and stared out at the view. A small gasp escaped my lips and I leant on the window sill, staring at the scene before me. 

                It was...I hadn't imagined anything like this before. It was amazing.

                There were red and gold tents scattered everywhere on the green, green grass. Men with weapons marched around - I saw one with a bow and quiver strapped to his back, an ornate sword at his waist. Where am I? I wondered, watching the people.

                One boy caught my attention. He seemed to be trying to teach a girl how to punch - she was failing miserably. He had short, dark hair that flopped over his deep blue eyes, so bright I could see them from where I stood. He wore a dark blue tunic under a silver breastplate and he was grinning mischievously at one of the members in his gang that was stood around him, laughing. I took an immediate dislike to him; he was just another arrogant boy who thought everyone who set eyes on him loved him. My eyes narrowed into a glare.

                Wait. What?

                I didn't even know him! I had never even met him. But still, here I was, fuming over a guy I'd never met. I didn't know anything about him, not even his name. I had only ever seen him once.

                So why did I want to knock his lights out?

                Suddenly, he turned and looked up at the window I was staring from. His expression changed, from cheeky laughter to curious wonder. His brow creased and I saw his head tilt slightly. I looked around - I was alone, so who could he be staring at?