That One Thing

(A/N Hope you guys a ready for a story full of Narry fluff! <3)

Also, please check out my new Spider-Man (Tom Holland) fanfic: https://www.wattpad.com/story/193551105-suits-don%27t-make-heros-peter-parker-x-reader?utm_source=web&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share_myworks

You can also locate it on my profile!

Niall

'Okay, let's go through that one more time. This time Niall, try not kill Zayn,' says Matt, our stage director.

As we start singing again, I try to focus on my dancing so that I won't cause another collision. I'm bad enough at dancing as it is, but with Harry next to me, it's near impossible. I mean I'm not really the best dancer, but I can manage. That is unless Harry is watching, in which case my legs turn to jello. Why? Well you can probably guess.

I like Harry.

I know you're thinking that I'm mad for liking my best mate, but he's just so handsome, perfect,  and charming. He can make me laugh no matter how sad I am, and he knows me better than anyone else.

To tell the truth, I've liked him ever since I first me him on the X-Factor. His dimples and curls caught my attention right away. The problem is, he's not gay. In fact, he has a different girl on his arm almost every night. I'm hoping that one day my feelings will just go away so that I don't have to deal with this anymore.

The thing is, I know that my feelings will never go away. Whenever I think about Harry I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's a feeling that I know in my heart, no matter how hard I try, will never go away. Harry's just so God damn beautiful. His curls, his tight clothing, his green eyes, all of it. Deep down I know that no matter how hard I try, I will never be able to stop myself from falling on love with him. It's only a matter of time.

Thinking about all of these things keeps me up late a night,  they keep running through my mind, and they keep causing me to crash into people durring rehearsal. For instance, right now I just tackled Harry because I'm not watching where I'm going.

Falling to the ground, I grab onto Harry for support. Unfortunately, this causes Harry to fall too and we land on the ground, clutching each other.

I stay like that for a few seconds until Harry mutters akwardly, 'You know you can let go now.'

I immediately let go, feeling my cheeks heat up.

'Alright that's enough for today,' Matt says as he walks over to me with a worried look.

'Are you okay?' he asks one he gets to me.

No!

'Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, I guess I just suck at dancing more than the other lads,' I say. It's not a complete lie, I am the worst at dancing out of the group.

'Okay well, as long as you do it right when its showtime that's all that matters I suppose,' he says with a concerned look on his face.

I turn to head backstage when Liam stops me.

'Hey, what's been up with you lately?' he asks.

'Nothin'' I mutter trying to brush it off. I can't let some small, okay big, crush distract me from the band.

'I don't believe you. You've been acting strange lately,' he insists.

'It's nothin' I promise,' I say.

'Ok fine, don't tell me, but I will find out eventually,' he says, giving me a pointed look.

I trug into my dressing room and pick out my favourite outfit, a red and blue tank top with black jeans. Maybe wearing it might help me get in the zone and focus on the show instead of Harry. I wonder if Harry will wear a tank top too? I certainly hope so, it shows off his biceps.

'Focus Niall,' I say under my breath. Okay, I got this. Just go out and have a good time.

Just as I am about to leave Harry walks in.

'Hey Niall how's it going?' he asks.

'I'm doing well. His about you?' I reply.

'Umm, I'm good. I was wondering if you wanted to go swimming tomorrow since we have the day off,' he says, almsot as if he's nervous. No, it must just be my imagination. Harry Styles nervous? Never.

'Yeah sure!' I say happily, following him out of the room.

I'm the next few hours we perform the show and it's super fun. I even get Harry to twirl me around!

'That was awesome,' Louis says as we walk backstage.

'Yeah, it was great,' Liam agrees. 'I even got a girls number!' he says excitedly.

It's funny how excited he still gets over getting girls numbers even though I'm sure millions of girls would gladly bear his children.

Speaking of girls, I wonder if Harrys off with one now. He'll probably won't want to go swimming tomorrow because he'll be up all night partying. I bet he won't even remember that we have plans.

As if on cue Zayn asks, 'Where's Harry?'

'I think I saw him with a girl backstage,' Louis answers.

No big surprise there. I should be used to it by now with this happening practically every time we went out in public, but I still feel like my heart is being jabbed with a red hot iron poker. I needed to stop this, I can't keep doing this to myself. I start to feel my eyes tear up as I climb in the back of the limo and sit alone trying to hold myself together until we get to the hotel.

Once we finally arrive I go straight into my room and curl up on the edge of my mattress. Why do I have to be so jealous all the time? Why can't I just see him as my best mate? Tears start spilling over my cheeks as I realise how hopelessly attached to him I am. As soon as that happens Liam comes in.

'Whats wrong?' he says rushing over to me.

'It's nothin', I told you before,' I say whipping away my tears.

'No, something is obviously upsetting you Ni, I just want to help,' he soothes.

What if I told him? Would it really be so bad having someone to talk to about my feelings? But what if he tells Harry? What if he gets freaked out? I don't want to risk losing either of their friendship.

So I guess that's it. I'll keep it a secret and never act on it for the sake of the band. I have to. I make up my mind and turn to tell Liam to leave me alone when my heart decides to do it's own thing.

Instead of denying my feelings I blurt out, 'I like Harry.'