Right Now

(A/N Happy Valentine’s Day!)

Niall

‘Flight to Mullingar, Ireland now boarding.’ the air hostess says over the loud speaker. Getting up, Harry takes my hand and leads me towards the boarding terminal. It’s kind of disconcerting to hold Harry’s hand in public. My every instinct screams that I should let go. That someone might see us. That someone might take a picture. I guess that’s what happens when you’re an international superstar in a homophobic world.  On the other hand, that’s all the more reason to show my love for Harry in public. This is my chance to prove to the rest of the world that gay is okay. Gathering my courage, I proudly hold Harry’s hand all the way to the plane. Finding our way to our seats, we hand our luggage to the overly enthusiastic steward that’s waiting for us.

‘My name is Jake and I’ll be your steward today,’ he says, smiling at Harry. I narrow my eyes at him; he seems to be overly friendly towards my curly. Once he leaves I lean over to Harry.

‘I think that steward was just hitting on you,’ I say.

‘What? Of course he wasn’t. What are the chances that we got assigned a gay steward? Don’t be silly Angel, he’s paid to be nice,’ Harry says.

‘He wasn’t all that friendly to me,’ I point out.

‘You’re imagining things my love,’ he says wrapping his arm around me.

‘I’m not,’ I say indignantly.

‘If it makes you happy, I’ll make sure to act supper unattractive when he’s around okay?’ he says jokingly.

‘If only that were possible,’ I say glumly.

‘You do remember when I dressed up as Marcel for The Best Song ever music video right?’ Harry asks.

‘You looked “As cute as I button”’ I say, attempting to emulate a Harry-Marcel voice.

‘Haha okay baby,’ he says, pulling me into his chest so that my lips are against his neck.

‘Flight 283, Mullingar Ireland, now taking off. Please remain seated for the remainder of take-off.’ the captain says over the intercom.  Once the plane begins to take off, Harry’s steady breathing lulls me to sleep. Unfortunately, I wake up to the voice of the steward from earlier not twenty minutes later.

‘Is there anything I can get for you Mr. Styles?’ he asks Harry.

‘I’m good, thank you,’ Harry replies politely.

‘Okay, well tell me if you need anything. And um, is it okay if I call you Harry?’ he asks nervously.

‘Absolutely not,’ I say, suddenly sitting up from my comfortable place on Harry’s neck.

‘Oh, Mr. Horan, you’re awake,’ the steward says, faking a smile.

‘I am and you’re the reason. Now go away,’ I say.

‘Of course,’ the steward says walking away quickly.

‘There was no need to be rude,’ Harry huffs.

‘He asked if he could call you Harry. Plus he woke me up. I’d say there was need to be rude,’ I say.

‘Is that jealousy I’m hearing?’ Harry asks with a raised eyebrow.

‘No. Sorry if I don’t like having random guys hitting on my boyfriend. I already have to share you with a few million, if not billion, girls,’ I say.

‘That’s definitely jealousy I’m hearing,’ Harry teases.

‘Oh shut up you,’ I say.

‘Well I hope you know that I would never leave you for some random guy. You’re my one and only. You’re smart, funny, cute, sweet,’ as he continues his list, he pauses between each complement to kiss my neck or face.