Psycho

Scully's POV
I woke up bright and early, knowing I have to get ready for work, I change quickly, pack up my things, and walk out of the door, not forgetting to lock my apartment door behind me. I make my way to the FBI headquarters and to the office of Mudler and I.

"Morning, Scully." He greets me with a sincere smile. I smile back at him.

"Morning. Mulder. What's the plan today?"

"Hmmm, just looking over files I guess. Pretty chill." I look at him in confusion.

"Chill? What are you 12?" I laugh and he glares at me.

"What? I can say chill. I can pull it off!"

"Fine. Sure. Whatever." A moment of silence passes, then Mulder speaks up.

"Hey, Scully are you doing okay? You know, like, with the crazy ex from yesterday?" I don't know if I can make it out, but I think I see a hint of jealousy displayed on his face. I smile apologetically.

"Yeah I'm okay, I'm sorry about that by the way."

"No, Scully you're fine. I just wanted to make sure you're alright."

"Thanks, Mulder, but I don't think we will be seeing him anymore."

"I hope so, if we do I'll give him a knuckle sandwich." We share a laugh and then I get serious and a little teary-eyed as I think about the horrible things that my ex had done. I look away before Mulder detects anything. Too late. "Scully, come here."

"What? I'm fine."

"No, you're not. Come here." He points to his lap and I go to him in defeat.

"I just can't stop thinking of what he had done to me." I sit on his lap and sob onto his shoulder as he rubs my back and my head and hushes me.

"What did he do, Scully?"

"He was abusive, Mulder. I use to come home to him everyday and it cost me another bruise the next day!" I sob even harder and see that Mulder is trying to resist the tears from falling down his own eyes, for he probably wants to feel like he can protect me and not seem soft.

"It's going to be okay, Scully. He won't hurt you anymore." I can tell that he noticed I didn't sound like I wanted to talk deeper on the subject, so he tried ending it, and I feel grateful  that he did. He lifts my head and gives me a kiss on my forehead, then cheek. 'God, how I want to feel those lips on my own, and I want him to come home with me so I can sleep soundly in his arms. He doesn't feel the same way, Scully. Plus you could lose your partnership with him.' I frown at the thought.

"I should go. It's getting late. See you tomorrow?" I get off of him and wipe my tear-stained cheeks.

"Bright and early." He gives me a smile and one last hug. "Call me if you need anything."

"You got it. Bye." I leave the office and head out to my car. I unlock the door and open it, but before I could get in everything went black.
_________
Uh oh. XD