Through a Glass Darkly

Mulder's POV
I walked to the garage and saw that there weren't many cars so I thought it would be easy to find this guy. Who is he anyway? How does he know Scully's number? I'm thinking way too much of this, it's probably some elaborate prank that Skin man is pulling on me. Probably. No way I'm falling for this.

I start to walk back after a few minutes of nothingness. Disappointed in you, skin man. I take the elevator back to Scully's apartment level.

Scully's POV
Where is he? He should be back by now. Before I picked up my phone ready to call Mulder, he walked in. I stomped over to him and hit him on the shoulder. "Don't do that ever again! I almost had a heart attack!"

"Ow! Stop hitting me! And why?"

"Because of this." I play the message that Skinner had left on my phone. Mulder's eyes widened. "What? Did you see something?"

"No, it's nothing. Look Scully I won't let him touch you. We will find him again, and lock him up more secure this time."

"Good, get your coat we're going to work."

"Yes, ma'am!"

I grab my keys and head out the door.

__

We arrive at our office and I take a deep breath. "Feels good to be back, right Mulder?"

"Right." He looked a little out of it. I decided not to question him though. Not yet.

After a while of looking through files, Skinner walks in. "Nice to have you guys back. Look, we got this whole Mark thing under control, you guys don't have to be on this case." I smile at him sympathetically.

"Thanks, sir."

"No problem, we will catch this guy, but keep an eye open I don't want anything happening to you two, you guys are like my children, it breaks my heart." I laugh at the last bit. He smiles and leaves. I notice Mulder hasn't spoken a word since we got here and I started to get worried.

"You okay, Mulder?" I squeezed his hand for reassurance, but he just stares at the file. He finally looks up.

"Scully, this morning someone called me and told me to meet him in the garage. So I did. Once I got there I thought it might be one of Skinner's pranks. So I left. I'm afraid, afraid it might be Mark." I look at him wide-eyed.

"Mulder, are you serious?" He nods and takes my hand and kisses it.

"I won't let him touch you again." I see tears flooding his eyes and mine start to water. "I just can't go through that again. I don't care if he kills me, just as long as he doesn't touch you."

"Oh, Mulder..." I walk up to him and press my lips against his with a chaste, gentle kiss.

"I'm gonna find him Scully."

"Mulder-"

"No, I will, I'll make sure he has to get through me first."

"Mulder, please, I don't want to lose you."

"You won't."

"I'm coming with you."

"Two against one? Okay, fine, I mean we are partners anyway. Let's go find this guy."

"Wait, you're letting me go with you?" I question him slightly confused at his change of thought.

"Yeah, doesn't mean I'll let him touch you though." I smile and kiss him again. "Ready?"

"Yeah." I'm not scared to face this guy. Especially when I've got Mulder by my side.

____
Sorry lol

Don't mind the title lmao idfk