Surprise

Scully's POV
I stood in our office with Mulder looking through recent X-files. The door creeks open and A.D. Skinner's head peeks through.

"Glad to have you back, agents...again." He says with a wink at Mulder and Mulder winks back. Skinner leaves and I give Mulder a confused look.

"Um...what was that?" I ask him.

"What was what?"

"Why did you wink at each other, Mulder?" I say with a laugh.

"None of ya business, Scullbag!" I glare at him and he gives me a shocked expression.

"Just kidding, babe. I'll tell you later." Okay. I guess I can wait until later.

A few hours passed and it was time to head home. To our home. Since he asked to move in with me. I smile at the thought.

We pack up our things and start to make our way up the elevator to the main floor.

Mulder's POV

To spice the boringness up a bit, I grabbed Scully by the waist and made her sit on my shoulders.

"Mulder!! What are you doing?!" She says to me.

"C'mon Scully, you've always wanted to do this with me just admit it."

"Mulder, it looks like we're about to be in a chicken fight."

"That's the whole point." We make our way through the hallway. We had a few people share weird glances at us and a couple people mumbling, 'I think they're together.' And, 'it's about time.'

The sound of Scully laughing is music to my ears, and all I want to do in life is to love her and make her laugh all day long.

I can't wait until we get to our home. I have a special surprise for her. I invited Skinner, Langley, Frohike, Byers, my mom, and Scully's mom. I'm so nervous, I could feel the sweat forming on my forehead. What if she says no? What if she never wants to see me again if it doesn't go as planned? Oh my god calm down, Fox, you'll be fine.

"Mulder, are you okay? You seem a little distracted." I am definitely distracted, yes.

"No, I'm okay, just thinking about work, you know." I lied.

"Okay." She smiles at me. Thank god she bought that.

We finally parked in the apartment garage and made our way upstairs. Scully turns to me.

"Mulder, are you sure you're okay?"

"Mhmm." I know she's not buying it, but she pushed it away anyways.

I took a deep breath as we entered the apartment. Scully gasped.

"Mulder..." I look around to see there was rose petals everywhere and the place was so clean and tidy. The three boys did what they were told, good job. I look at Scully and she turns around to me. "Mulder, what's going on?"

"Scully...my whole life I was the kid whom no one would be friends with, I was told I had a too active imagination and didn't deserve friends because I had my imaginary ones. I never had imaginary friends. I never had real ones either. I always thought it would be like this until you walked into my office for the first time. You were radiant, glowing with beautiful features. We became close friends throughout the years we've worked together. I relied on you and you relied on me. I trust you more than anyone. You're perfect. I love you so much." I got down on one knee and pulled out a ring in my coat pocket. Scully's mouth was agape and her eyes were wide and filled with tears. "Dana Katherine Scully, will you marry me?" She pulled her hands away from her mouth.

"Yes, yes, yes!! I love you so much, Fox!!" I smiled and I was relieved and happier than I have ever been.  I put the ring on her finger and she jumped into my arms, balling, and smothering me with sloppy kisses. Just then everyone appeared from appliances they were hiding behind.

"Congratulations!!" They all screamed.

I started to tear up and Scully was still in my arms. I will never let her get hurt for as long as I live. I'm never letting her go ever again.

Fine
_______

Ayyye! I'm sorry this ending sucks! But hey whatever! How was it? Oh and this chapter they have been dating for about a year or so did I explain that? No? Oops.

Ily all I hope you have a great day and I'll be writing another book as soon as I figure out what'll be about 😂 ❤️❤️❤️