The body

Scully's POV
Its been 4 hours since Mulder has been missing and I have done absolutely nothing about it. I can't do anything. I don't know where to start. Where could someone had taken him, or better yet, where could Mulder stray off to? To leave me here. He probably thinks I'm a huge fuck up and can't do anything right, and that's why I am always the victim in most of our cases. He's probably tired of it. My eyes start to water. Don't. Before I could let them pour out of my eyes, my phone rings. It's skinner.

"Sir?"

"Dana, I'm so sorry."

"What? What happened? Did you find Mulder?"

"They did, yeah."

"Is he okay?"

"Dana.....they want you to come identify the body." My heart stopped. Did he just say that. I must be dreaming, this isn't real.

"Excuse me, what?!?"

"I'm so sorry. They found him passed out in a motel room, dead. No cause of death that they could find." Tears were streaming, leaving hot streak marks down my face. I am now balling into the phone, and I could hear Skinner sniffling as well.

"This is not happening!!" I screamed. I hang up the phone, grab my coat, and run out the door as fast as I could. Going to the morgue address skinner had given to me. A long drive there of just crying. I enter the morgue and see lots of FBI agents and employees. I run into the room Mulder is in and see a tall body lying lifelessly in a plastic bag. My breath has become short gasps of air and my heart is beating irregularly. I walk towards the body and stretch my arm over to the top of his head where I start to slowly open up the bag without opening my eyes. Once I reach the end when the bag is completely open I open my eyes and scan up and down his body. This isn't Mulder. Relief washed through me, and I have never been so happy in my life. I start to cry. I don't know what I would do if this was really him. I dial Skinner's number on my phone.

"Sir?"

"Dana?"

"It's not him. It's not Mulder."

________

Just a short chapter for today (: