Chapter 18 - Anna

Come on baby, it's ok, you're doing so so well." Louis said softly as Harry breathed through yet another contraction, clutching onto Louis for dear life."Hurts a lot." Was all Harry could muster before another pain overtook him."I know it does baby but just think of our little boy yeh? Think of bringing him home and giving Kennedy a little brother, come on you can do it." Louis encouraged again. Harry let out a final grunt of pain before the contraction was finally over. 

"That was the worst one Lou, I don't know how much more I can take." Harry puffed, tears streaming down his face in near constant rivers. Louis clucked and wiped Harry's clammy head, before reaching for the glass of water and holding it for Harry.He sat back in his chair, never letting go of Harry's grip. "God I remember that." Louis mused. Harry managed a small smile."Thanks for going through this to give me a daughter." He said softly. Louis chuckled."Thanks for going through this to give us a son." He replied. They talked quietly, Harry getting more tense as he felt another pain approaching. He cried out again, and Louis leaped to his side, tears in his eyes as he watched his Harry in so much pain."Are you sure you don't want the epidural?" Louis asked, kissing his forehead. Harry shook his head."No, definitely not. I don't want that needle in my back or those drugs near our baby." He said. 

Louis nodded and smiled sheepishly. Just then there was a knock at the door. Liam and Niall walked in slowly."We're all decent!. Louis joked. Niall breathed a sigh of relief as Liam uncovered his eyes."We won't intrude or anything, just wanted to check in and give Harry some moral support." Liam said, sitting in one of the chairs. Harry smiled."Thanks guys, and you could never intrude, you're family" Liam nodded and smiled happily. "How're you both doing?"Niall asked, handing Louis a bag of snacks and magazines."Cheers mate, I'm fine it's Harry who's doing everything." Louis chuckled. Harry smiled weakly."It's fine in between contractions, just not during. I'm excited though I'm trying not to let the pain ruin that." Harry explained. 

There was a knock at the door. "Right I'm sorry but if you're not family, you're going to have to leave" a blonde doctor came strolling in, a small group of student nurses huddled behind her. "Oh it's ok doctor, they're our best friends I don't mind if they stay." Harry explained. The woman cocked her head in thought before shaking it."I'm sorry boys, hospital policy. If you're not any further along after examination they can come back in." She concluded. Liam and Niall huffed, and gave both Harry and Louis a hug before heading out."Good luck lads" Niall said as the door shut. 

 "That hospital policy is just rubbish. They're our brothers! We were hardly gonna stay if Harry was in the process of literally delivering the baby in the operating room. That would just be rude." Niall said."And scarring" Liam added. "So do you wanna wait or?" Niall asked. Liam got up from their seats in the waiting room."No, I think we should eat, go home and let everyone knew what's going on and then come back. Hopefully there'll be a new baby by the time we get back here." Liam concurred. Niall nodded and the two headed out the hospital doors to get some food and rest. Something time them it was going to be a long night. "And you're sure you're ok? Don't need anything?" Briana spoke into Nialls phone. "Yeh I'm fine, really worried about him. I don't know I guess it's just because ive been through it so I know how he's gonna feel and I don't want him to be in pain." Louis replied shakily. 

"Lou it's going to be fine yeh? You know a caesarean is the way they deliver babies for male pregnancy, you had one yourself! It's not anything different and he's not in any danger. It's routine." Briana reasoned. Louis had called about ten minutes previously to let them all know that Harry was ready to be taken to theatre. He was freaking out and Briana had decided to take charge because Niall didn't have a clue. "I know you're right I just, in scared" Louis sniffed. "Louis he is in capable hands and he needs you to be there for him, not crying and frightened ok? Now go hold his hand and meet your son." She said firmly, ending the call before Louis replied. "Ok boys now there'll be a little pressure just below your belly button Harry and then we should have your baby" The doctor said from behind the screen. 

Harry was on the operating table in scrubs, his abdomen blocked from view by a blue paper screen. Louis was stroking his hair and holding his right hand, squeezing gently. Harry had his eyes closed. He did feel pressure. There was an odd noise and suddenly, just as Louis looked, his son was pulled up and he was perfect. Purely perfect. He immediately began crying and looked down at Harry, who was beaming up at him with tears running down his cheeks. 

And Louis waited, he waited for what seemed like an eternity, to hear the sound of his son's cry. It never came.