Chapter 20 - Bri

~Harry's POV~

Three days later, and the news of Nolan being deaf still hadn't completely sunk in. Deaf or not though, Nolan was perfect. And Kennedy had seemed to have taken a liking to him as well, refering to him as "Her baby". We were glad she wasn't getting jealous but we were still afraid that'd it'd change once we left the hospital, which we were getting ready to do now. My stomach still hurt from the c-section, but it's completely worth it since I got Nolan out of it. 

It was quite in the room at the moment. Louis was in the hallway talking to the doctor and signing papers, Kennedy was with my mom and everyone else decided to just wait til tonight to visit us at our house. Nolan is currently laid out on my chest with his head on my shoulder and face in my neck sleeping peacefully. 

Louis comes into the room and smiles when he sees Nolan sleeping. He sets the diaper bag down on the table by my bed and gets Nolan's going home outfit, a diaper and wipes out of it. "I have to go grab his birth cerfificate from the desk so why don't you change him and I'll be right back?" Louis suggests. "Yeah, is his carseat set up?" I ask before he leaves. "Yeah I did it yesterday." I nod and he pecks my lips and leaves the room once again. 

I gently remove Nolan from my chest and lay him out between my legs on the bed and unwrap him from the blanket Louis' mom knitted him. It was grey, white and blue and it was super soft and perfect for Nolan.

He started to whine, and I gently started rubbing his stomach, something me and Louis discovered calms him, since he can't hear us talk to him

He started to whine, and I gently started rubbing his stomach, something me and Louis discovered calms him, since he can't hear us talk to him. We'd already begun to look into getting him hearing aids. We just wanted to see which place would be best before we took him to get the fitted.

I started to take off his plain white hospital onsie and he whined as the cold air hit his soft skin. I felt my heart drop as I wished I could talk to him to calm him but instead I just rubbed his tummy until he wasn't whining and he just looked up at me. I smiled at him as he stared at me and started to change his diaper. Just as I finished taping the new diaper around his waist, Louis walked back into the room. He smiled at me and came over to the bed and leaned over and kissed Nolan's forehead which startled him and we laughed as his eyes went wide for a second. 

I continued to get Nolan dressed and I put on his pants, which were blue and white striped and then put on a navy blue long sleeved shirt with a hood with the same patteren as the pants on the inside, on him and slipped some socks on his feets. Louis sat the carseat up on the bed and I gently lifted Nolan and sat him in the seat. He cried as I buckled him up, so Louis got his pacifer out of the diaper bag and slipped it between his lips. 

As we waited for the doctor to come in and let us leave, me and Louis looked through the booklet with the hearing aid offices in it and tried to narrow down our choices

As we waited for the doctor to come in and let us leave, me and Louis looked through the booklet with the hearing aid offices in it and tried to narrow down our choices. I gently rocked Nolan's carrier as we talked and he eventually fell asleep. I awed at him as he slept with his hands up by his cheeks. The doctor walked in and told us to bring Nolan back in a week to check on him and sent us on our way. A nurse came in and made me sit in a wheelchair. Louis carried Nolan, and I had the bags on my lap. Since I knew paps were gonna be outside, since the news of me giving birth got out, Louis went out with sercurity to get the car and left Nolan with me. I made sure he was okay before pulling the visor on his carseat up and putting his knitted blanket over it to block him from the sun and getting his picture taken. I saw the car pull up and Louis and 3 security guards came in to help us out to the car.

Louis grabbed the carrier and a security guard grabbed our bags before we walked out. Louis went around to the other side and I climbed in the back. Louis handed me Nolan as he climbed in the back with us and I hooked Nolan's carseat in. I uncover Nolan and saw that he had woken up and was looking around with unfocused eyes. I cooed to him and said, "He's smaller than Kennedy was." Louis nodded and said, "Yeah, but he might just end up being a small person. He's fine love, stop worrying." I nodded and played with Nolan's hands. 

We got to our house and when we walked in everyone let us put our stuff down and I unbuckled Nolan from his seat and sat down with him before people walked up and started cooing over him. 

After a couple hours everyone left. Kennedy and Nolan were both in bed, Kennedy in her room and Nolan in his crib in the corner of our room. Me and Louis both got into bed with smiles on our faces thinking how we got blessed with two perfectly beautiful childern.