Chapter 9: The Nightmares and Nico Olvia's Poster

Orrin didn't move as Chopper checked for unhealed injuries. The reindeer's eyes almost popped out of his head when he checked Orrin's right shoulder.

     "How many times have you dislocated your shoulder?!" he asked worriedly.

     "Well, I need to when use my Joker Grenade move so...a lot?" Orrin answered guiltily. Nami turned around to look him in the eye.

     "Do you have any sense of danger left in you?!" she scolded, "Doesn't that hurt?!"

     "Who's fault is it I can't feel pain in my right arm? It's not like I don't put it back in place!"

     Nami went back to looking at the wanted posters on the wall. There were lines connecting some of them like a time line of encounters. The Straw Hats' posters had been added to it as well as Orrin's. There was only one poster up there that she didn't recognize.

     "Why do you have all these posters anyway?" she asked.

     "Isn't it obvious? It's a puzzle", Orrin retorted.

     "That's not what I meant."

     "Can't tell you. If I were to give you short version it would be way too confusing."

     Orrin saw door start to open.

     "Can you at least tell me who-" Nami started.

     "Nami don't say-" Orrin got up and put out his hand, about to stop her. 

     "-Nico Olvia is?"

     Orrin froze, a hurt look on his face. There was small crash. Nami turned to see Robin, shocked, standing by the door, which was now open. A broken tea cup was on the floor in front of her. Chopper just stood there, watching the scene. Orrin slowly dropped his hand and hung his head. He shut his eyes tightly and bawled his hands into fists, clenching his teeth, as the dream from before flooded into his mind.

     "Out! Get out! NOW!" he shouted, raising his head sharply. He grabbed Nami and Chopper by the arm and shoved them out of his room then turned to Robin who walked out quickly.

     "STAY OUT OF MY ROOM AND BACK OFF!" he cried, tears rolling down his face, he stopped for a second as the dream left his thoughts, "I...I...just forget it!"

     He slammed the door and locked it. Sanji, Vivi, Luffy, and Brook were sitting outside the door. In the room, Orrin dropped to his knees and started picking up the broken cup, piece by piece. Nami turned to Robin. She backed away slowly and ran to the room she shared with Nami and Vivi.

     "All I did was ask a question", Nami said quietly in a sad tone. Vivi put a hand on her shoulder reassuringly.

     "We heard you guys talking. That poster means a lot to him. I've asked him about before, but he always gets this scared look in his eyes and changes the subject", she said.

     "That doesn't explain Robin's reaction, though. Olvia looks a lot like her in the picture, then there's the name, but I still don't understand."

     "She's Robin's mother", Brook said, "Olvia died during a buster call twenty four years ago."

     "Remember what Robin said at Enies Lobby?" Sanji recalled.

     "The same day her home was destroyed, her mother was killed", Nami replied solemnly. Luffy held his hat in his hand and stared at it quietly.

     "Who was on the other posters?" he asked seriously.

     "Us, Kreig, Arlong, Mihawk, Shade's crew, and Crocodile."