42; Pretending

Jessa.

"And Luke finally brought me on a real first date on his birthday. It was so fun! We went to a Twenty One Pilots concert! I'm such a big fan of them." Lynn rambled on about herself and Luke.

I plastered a tight smile as I hold myself back from rolling my eyes, "When did you start to like Twenty One Pilots, anyway?" I asked and took a sip of the fancy ass wine that was served.

It's so hard having to pretend you have interest in something you don't. I'm getting so bored of pretending how much I love Lynn's stories

"Oh, since forever." she said, sounding a bit unsure.

Lynn seems to be making it easy to pretend to have interest in something she doesn't. 

I gave her a fake look of awe as she said it and then I felt someone nudging my leg.

I looked to my right and saw Luke who smiled at Lynn for a second before he turned to give me a dorky smile which I couldn't help but giggle lightly at.

From the corner of my eye I saw Amy frowning and Lynn glaring.

That's when she made a move, "Babe, why don't you tell Jessa and Amy about our months together?" Lynn gave Luke this soft smile that I guarantee no guy can resist.

Luke gave her a shirt smile before sitting up straight, "What do you want me to tell them, L?" Oh, their on a nickname basis, huh?"

I'm not jealous.

Lynn kept her irresistible smile plastered on, "Anything really. I mean, we had so much adventures together. Don't you want to tell it all to your friends?Or should I say secret girlfriend?" Lynn's tone of voice became bitter as she glared at me with her icy eyes.

We all looked at her weirdly as she burst into a fit of giggles not long after, "I'm sorry, that was out od character." She said in between her giggles.

We continued to give her strange looks as we muttered out the words, "Okay.." or, "It's fine."

Lynn just made it all awkward.

Thank god for Amy, though.

"Oh, Lynn, you have to come over to the hotel later!" Amy exclaimed. That was not a good request, Amy Greene.

Lynn smiled widely, "Oh, sure! I'd love to. In all honesty, I've missed hanging out with Luke and the guys." she said as she placed a hand onto Luke's arm.

Oh my god, I'm not jealous, at all.

"Perfect! You can come over tonight." Amy clasped her hands in excitement whilst Luke gave a smile. I on the other hand started to choke on my salad.

Amy looked at me with wide eyes as she pat my back carefully, "You okay? Here," she handed me her glass of water, "Drink." she ordered me to do so and I did so.

I gave a small smile to Amy who was looking at me with pure concern.

"Do you think you'll be able to continue the night?" Amy asked which made me froze, "What night?" I asked her, hoping she doesn't mean what I think she means.

"Lynn didn't tell you?" Luke suddenly asked which made me turn to look at him and give him a confused look.

"Oops, I must've forgot." Lynn said as she took her glass of wine into her hand and sipped.

Amy then opened her mouth to answer me, "we planned this whole girls  reunion! Plus Luke, of course." Amy said but I wasn't sure I heard her right.