Everything Disney

Hey Disney fans! I'm back, with another column! Now, my last column, I said I was going to do a Disney princess column, and I didn't. So, this column is going to be about all nine princesses! Mulan and Pocahontas will NOT be in this column, just because they are NOT Disney princesses. Mulan was married to a high ranking warrior, not a prince. I'm just going to list the princesses, and kind of talk about them. I'll also be rating them all to my own opinion. Here you go:

9. Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs- Snow White is at the very bottom, because her movie has always FREAKED ME OUT! It obviously doesn't freak me out anymore, but when I was little I would have NIGHTMARES about it! I probably still would have nightmares about it, but I haven't seen the movie in such a long time just because of that one reason. So, Snow White was pretty much the first Disney princess to be created. She probably was not called an official Disney princess at that time, but was the first one to be created. The villain in the movie was the Evil Queen, she did not go by any other name, just the Evil Queen. During the movie, Snow White finds seven dwarfs with the names Doc, Bashful, Dopey, Sneezy, Grumpy, Happy, and Sleepy. At the end Snow White marries a prince with the name of... The Prince! Yeah, no name there either. It's like it was too hard to make the names for Snow White and the seven dwarfs, so they didn't give any names to the other characters.

Rating- 2/10

8. Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty- I must say, Aurora has many great features and I love her voice! Plus, her movie has my most favorite villain in the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD, Maleficent! I don't know why, but Maleficent just has that unique thing about her that stands out from all of the other villains. Aurora grows up not even knowing she's royalty, and living with fairies in the woods. The fairies' names are Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather. While Aurora is prancing around in the woods, she runs into Prince Phillip, who will also be her future husband. As the title says, the movie does have something to do with sleeping of some sort, but I don't like to give out spoilers...

Rating- 7/10

7. Ariel from The Little Mermaid- Ariel is the daughter of King Triton and has six sisters. Their names are Attina, Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Adella, and Alana. All start with the letter A. I don't know why, but they do. Ariel is very curious and optimistic. She's very brave, and tends to get into some trouble. I'm not sure about you, but in the movie she's sixteen and she acts a lot like a twelve year old girl. Plus, she marries a prince, Prince Eric, at the age of sixteen! I'm sorry, but that's just kind of sick. Glen Keane was actually the creator of Ariel. He designed her and when he wanted to take on the challenge of creating her, the producers were doubtful, because he had created more ugly characters before her. I'm sure the producers were stunned when he made such a beautiful Ariel! So, the villain in this movie is Ursula, who is pretty much part octopus. Ariel makes a deal with her, and you'll just have to see what happens next!

Rating- 5/10

6. Merida from Brave- This wee red-haired lass isn't meant to mess around with. Merida is the FIRST Disney princess to not have married a prince, or not get married AT ALL in fact. Also, there has been a more glammed up Merida that people keep saying is more sexualized than the original Merida. I have to say I whole heartedly agree. Merida is known as the tomboy out of the group of princesses and should stay that way. Merida is a stronger role model for younger girls and shouldn't be just a pretty face. So, now that that's over, Merida is the daughter of Queen Elinor and King Fergus, and has younger triplet brothers Harris, Hubert, and Hamish. Those wee ankle biters! Merida is the princess of the kingdom of DunBroch, but all she wants to do is have fun. When her and her mother get into a big fight, she asks a witch to change her fate, and things get a little hairy...