Flowers in the Cave

Hi This is an interview with Dracobreaker to keep you going until Avis_Ink is able to write her column again! :D Enjoy!

~RachelS8766

What is the name of your book?

Gryphon

What is your book about?

My book follows the story of the main character Nathaniel Gryphon. Nathan was traumatized five years ago when his father died and has never been the same since. He developed an odd ability to seemingly stop time and the ability to heighten one of his five senses in expense of his other senses. And every 3-4 months when he goes to church, strange people show up who seek to harm Nathan forcing him to run away to another church. Now, one of these strange persons shows up and instead of trying to hurt Nathan, warns him of trouble in his future. With this man's ominous warning, strange things begin to happen around him which ultimately leads to Nathan finding out that angels and devils do truly exist and have been meddling with his life all along.

Who is your favourite character and why?

My favorite character is Sara (Seraphina Quincy) who plays a major role in the first part of my book. She is Nathan's one and only friend and has been for five years. But, Nathan doesn't know that she is in fact a fallen angel. She is also very devoted to her adopted family even though her new father, Elyk, is abusive. As Nathan starts a conflict with Elyk, she is forced to choose between her devotion to her family and her friendship with Nathan. Personally, I like her character because I like it when characters are forced between two things that they love.

How did you start to write your book?

I actually remember the exact day I started writing it which was the day before Mother's Day this year. I had always liked writing and my mom always told me that I should write a book. So when it came time to get her a gift for Mother's day, I started going through my closet looking for a nostalgic memory (I'm lazy and didn't feel like going out and actually buying her a gift). I found an old notebook which had an old story I was writing in 6th grade. So, I decided to finally put the story I had been thinking up for so long in my head on paper and gave the first chapter to her for Mother's day.

What do you want your readers to take away?

I just want the readers to be entertained. There's not a subliminal message that you MUST understand and realize to truly enjoy reading it. I just hope that people can read it and forget about the real world for a little while.

Is there a sample of your book that you are willing to share?

The normally bright and lively hallway was deserted and nearly pitch black. The crimson lockers on either side seemed to loom menacingly inwards as he inched his way towards the lone light. The light was a classroom in the middle of the hall. The light it emitted breathed life back into the few feet of the hall that it was allowed to shine upon. Faint voices could be heard inside. That classroom was his target.

This is an awesome book and well worth the read! Go read it! :D

Thanks Rachel!! Greatt job. :) Here are my sections, although they are very empty....

LIVING GEMS

Running one more week, due to lack of people. Thanks to the three people who applied, but I need at least five, so check it out. :)

CELEBRITY AISLE

No questions for @hvalnegron? :(

New celebrity: @NetsuroIchini, annd his book Perfect.

Check it out. :)

That is it, i am afraid!

Next week; hopefully a column, and I do not know why I put these things in here. >_<

As always, keep ye heads hi, my living gems.