Chapter Four: Mate?

Liam

To say Liam was surprised that he cousin was up at this hour and saw him shift, would be an understatement. Crap, crap, crap. Liam muttered in his head, and then he heard another voice. Harry’s.

What is it? What happened? His voice was worried, almost like he could sense Liam’s own panic.

Louis.

Well, fuck. Was Harry’s only response. Does he think you’re just a wolf or…?

He saw me shift. Liam said stressed, as Louis just stared at him.

“I’m. Holy fuck.” Was really the only thing Louis could manage.

Who did? A new voice asked. Zayn’s.

Louis. Liam said, still freaking out. What do I do!?

Calm down, first. Harry instructed. Then, shift back and bring him to the pack house.

Liam nodded, even though Harry couldn’t see him, and willed himself to change back, hoping that Louis wouldn’t get even more freaked out.

He was wrong.

“What the hell is happening Liam!?!” Louis practically screeched. Liam could only hope that no one inside heard it or, if they did, they didn’t bother to look outside.

“Come on, Lou.” Liam said softly, tugging on his pants. “I’m going to bring you somewhere, to someone who’ll explain it.”

“What the fuck is ‘it’?!” Louis hissed, not moving.

Liam sighed. “I can’t explain it. Just… Please? Come with me.”

Louis didn’t move for a few seconds, before sighing. “Fine. But I want some explanations, got it?”

“You’ll get them.”

-Ж-

“Why the hell are we at Harry’s place!?” Louis hissed, as they emerged from the forest. Two wolves (a chocolate brown when with curly fur and green eyes (Harry, Liam guessed, never having seen him in wolf form before) and Zayn’s wolf). “Holy fuck.”

Harry moved closer to Louis, coming up to his ribs, and nudging his face in Louis’ stomach. “Please don’t kill me, please don’t kill me, please don’t kill me, please don’t kill me.” Louis whisper chanted, froze in spot.

“He won’t hurt you.” Liam wanted to laugh, but he was still all too shocked about what had happened early this morning and breaking Robin’s only rule. He was so screwed.

“It’s a wolf.” Louis hissed, and Harry snorted.

“Harry’s taking offense to that.” Liam translated, not even needing the mind-thing to know that.

“Harry-?” Louis said, eyes wide. “Jesus fucking Christ. I want explanations Payne!”

Harry grabbed the bottom of Louis’ sweater in his mouth, tugging him towards the house. “Just go with him.” Liam said, seeing that Louis was struggling.

Zayn nudged his thigh with his head, wanting him to follow. “I’m going, I’m going.” He said softly, putting his hand in Zayn’s soft fur. “I’m totally dead, aren’t I? Actually, don’t answer that.”

Zayn laughed softly in his head, and the two walked towards the house, where a now human (and thankfully clothed) Harry was whispering to his father, who’s look Liam couldn’t read.

Louis was no where in sight, and neither was Anne, who seemed to always be in the kitchen.

Before Zayn could comfort Liam, or Liam could even think to run, Robin motioned for Liam to follow him to his study. Once inside, Robin exploded.