Chapter Eight: Wanting Harry

Louis

It was the next morning when Liam shook Louis, but he wasn’t asleep. He couldn’t get the words Harry had said to him before. My mate.

He was Harry’s, and it scared him. Louis felt something for Harry since he saw him, as much as he tried to deny it and reason with himself that Harry was just another asshole. Just someone who wanted to play with him. Knowing now, that it wasn’t that it… It scared Louis.

“Lou… I know you’re awake.” Liam said softly, sitting next to Louis, rubbing his shoulders. “Talk to me? What happened last night?”

Louis said nothing, but he could feel tears creeping up in his eyes. He tried to push them down, he’d cried enough over boys, assholes at that. “Did Harry say something?” Liam asked carefully, still rubbing at the other’s shoulders, trying to comfort his cousin.

Louis didn’t say anything, but the hitch in his heart, something he knew Liam could hear, said it all. “What did he say?” Liam all but growled out. Louis shook his head, trying to to say it wasn’t bad, that is was his fault, not Harry’s.

He was about to say something else, when Zayn barged into the room, fuming. “I don’t know what you did, Louis…” Zayn hissed, glared at him. “But Harry has locked himself in his room, ordered everyone to leave him alone and won’t come out. Not even for food.”

Louis felt this crushing fear in his chest, as if his body wanted to be beside Harry as much as his heart and head did. But he’d ruined it all. He’d ran when Harry admitted that Louis was his mate. He’d run like it was something to be ashamed of, when he wanted nothing more than to be cuddling up beside Harry, watching a cheesy romance movie. Louis let out a low whine, one that was almost wolf like.

“Zayn…” Liam said softly, “Louis… He hasn’t said a word to anyone since last night, and…” He had gotten off the bed now, and was beside Zayn and was whispering to him in low tones that Louis couldn’t hear. He caught a couple words, like “Harry”, “mates”, and “pinning, Liam, pining” from both Liam and Zayn.

But Louis didn’t care. He’d lost his chance, there’s no way Harry’d talk to him now. Even if Louis tried to explain that he’d been scared, and that he was shocked, that Harry chose him, his wolf chose Louis. “I thought Harry’s mate was supposed to be strong.” Louis said softly, unable to help it. Liam knew when he got like this, he’d be in a state of almost depression, where he never said anything good about himself.

Liam was quick to be back at Louis’ side, threading a hand through his hair. “You are strong Lou. Very strong.” He said softly, sitting back beside him. Zayn was now standing awkwardly in the middle of the room, unsure what to say or do.

“I left him standing there, Liam. Because I was scared.” Louis replied, tears stinging his eyes.

“Scared? Of what?” Liam asked carefully, eyes soft and unjudging.

“I…” Louis said, chocking softly on the words. “I want Harry.” He finally said, so quietly he could almost hear Zayn straining to hear the words. “I want my… I just want Harry.” Tears were falling down his face, staining his pillow, but Louis didn’t care. The words were as true as they came. He wanted his mate, his Harry. He wanted Harry here, to wrap Louis up in his big arms, and to tangle their legs together. He wanted Harry to put him back together, kiss away his tears, hold him. He just simply wanted Harry.

“Come on, then.” Zayn said, “I’ll take you to see him.” He looked at Louis softly, as if Louis was his little brother. Like he needed to take care of him.

Louis didn’t care how he looked, just got out of bed, grabbed a sweatshirt (one that he had cuddled with last night, because it was Harry’s and still smelt like him), and threw a beanie on. The three boys trekked downstairs, which was still quiet and empty, since everyone else in the house was still asleep on the holiday Monday. It was a short walk to the house, and it was still fairly quiet inside, the only people up and walking around were Anne and Robin, who payed no mind to the three boys. Liam and Zayn stopped at the stairs, with an apologetic look on their faces.