Chapter Nine: Might Be Confusing

Liam

As the shorten school week passed, Liam and Niall became close quickly. The two seemed to be talking more and more, and they even had a few of their classes together. As they were walking to Niall’s car on Friday, and getting in, Liam saw Zayn. He hadn’t talked to the other boy (who I do not like, Liam thought to his wildly beating heart), or really seen him much, since the weekend. “Hey Zayn.” Liam said as casually as he could. He liked to pride himself that it did come out pretty normal.

Zayn gave him a smile. “You ready?”

Liam had to think for a few moments before he remembered. Last weekend, him and Zayn had made plans to go and see the new Batman movie that the theater in town was finally showing. “Oh, right.” Liam couldn’t help but look over at Niall. Him, and Louis had made plans to teach Niall everything they could about flirting, and how to tell if someone liked you or not. And Niall and Liam had a project due on Monday.

Zayn looked somewhat deflated, but nodded. “Oh, uh, yeah, that’s fine.” He shrugged, giving Liam another smile, but it wasn’t as bright or as real as the first one.

Liam felt extremely guilty for ditching, but he did have a project. “Sorry, it’s just-”

“It’s fine, honestly.” Zayn played it off cool, shrugging. “Maybe another time.” He walked off before Liam could reply.

“Wow.” Niall looked at him plainly as the two got into the car, and he started it, pulling out of the parking lot.

“What?” Liam asked, confused. “And eyes on the road.”

Niall rolled his eyes, but looked at the road instead of Liam.”All I’m saying is, is maybe that you should be getting advice on how to talk to girls- or, I guess guy- from Louis as well.”

“This is different.” Liam said, without realising that he was basically admitting that he likes Zayn.

“Aha!” Niall grinned, looking over quickly. “So you do like him!”

“Yes- no- ugh!” Liam said, letting his head hit off the window. “Yes, I like him but, no, I’m not doing anything about it, because he likes girls. I heard him and Harry talking about some ex of his named Perrie.”

“I will sell my soul if he isn’t at least bisexual.” Niall said firmly, pulling into the driveway.

Liam rolled his eyes, but there was a small smile on his lips. The two boys headed into the house, saying their hellos to Liam’s aunt, and his two twin cousins, who were helping their mother in the kitchen. They headed upstairs, and into the attic. “So I got Liam to admit-” Niall cut off, realising there was someone else other than Louis in the room.

On Louis’ bed, were both Louis and Harry, laying down and making-out. Louis was on top of Harry, straddling him with the other’s hands on his waist. Liam rolled his eyes, grabbing a pillow off of his own bed and throwing it at his cousin. “Oi! Stop that.”

A flustered Louis pulled away from (an equally flustered) Harry, looking only slightly sheepish. Liam couldn’t count how many times he had walked in on Louis making out with some dude, but Harry was the first one he actually liked. Louis climbed off of Harry, not looking guilty like the werewolf was. “What took you guys so long?”

“Liam had to ditch Zayn.” Niall said bluntly, collapsing on Liam’s bed as he (Liam) blushed.

“I didn’t ditch him.” Liam muttered, “I just made a promise to Niall and we have a project and I have a ton of homework.”

Harry looked at him for a few moments before speaking. “Can you really not tell?”

“Tell what?”