four

"Well you certainly aren't Maddie."

I rolled my eyes. "No shit I'm not Maddie."

"Well can I talk to her?"

"No."

"Why?" Josh questioned.

"Because you're a fuckboy." I snapped.

"A what?" He laughed.

"A fuckboy. According to the urban dictionary, a fuckboy is a manipulating dick who does whatever it takes to benefit him, regardless of who he screws over. They will screw over anyone and everyone as long they get what they want. Aka, Maddie." I told him.

"How did you have that memorized?"

"Never try a sassy white girl like myself, Josh." I spoke, smirking.

He let out a sigh, most likely frustrated with me. "Can I please talk to Maddie?"

I thought for a second, before answering. "No."

"Why?"

"I told you. You're a-"

"Fuckboy, I know. But there has to be another reason." Josh told me.

Oh god I can just hear his famous smirk through the phone.

"What?" I hummed, leaning back against the bed frame.

"I think," He said. "You like me."

I almost started laughing. "In your dreams, fuckboy. Unlike Maddie, my taste is caring, and not a douchebag."

He just scoffed. "By the way, I'm not a fuckboy."

"Oh, by Urban Dictionary definition, you are." I told him.

"But-"

"You want to play 20 questions , you rely on your mom, but don't respect women, and you look like you just read one of Jaden Smith's tweets in all of your selfies." I told him, adding my perfectly painted nails.

"I do not!" He defended.

"The last time I checked," I dryly laughed. "You do. Goodbye Joshua."

"But-"

And with that, I hung up.

I was eventually able to fall asleep. But, Josh was still in my dreams.

I had no idea why I was thinking about him now. Why not seventh grade, when he first moved? Why not when he lost his virginity?

But no. It had to be when my best friend started dating him.

There was something about him. I wasn't quite sure what it was, but it made me want more.

When I had woken up, Maddie was nowhere to be found. I pulled my hair up onto a ponytail, and started to search for her.

I walked down the long staircase, and into the kitchen. There, I found Melissa making waffles.

"Hi." She chirped.

"Hello." I replied, still feeling tired.

"Have some waffles." She dimpled, placing a plate full of waffles on it.

I shook my head. "I'm not hungry."