Glitches

What to call a book about a glitch?

Glitches...duh. 

I started to mentally map out my book, which I had now decided I wanted to extend into a series of at least four books, as I walked down the hallway, entering my first period science class and sitting down at my usual table in the back of the room with Amanda, Claire, and Megan. 

Even though science was the only class all four of us had together, and therefore the one we were usually the most talkative in, all three of my friends were silent. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"Nothing," Amanda sighed. "It's just...final exams are tomorrow! I'm kind of nervous, and I gotta study. I really want to get an A!" 

"But after exams, it's summer! Two and a half months of doing absolutely nothing!" Claire beamed, optimistic as usual.

Summer vacation, just a few days after I get an amazing book idea...It was like the universe wanted me to write a book!

"Yeah, I can write Glitches over the summer!" 

"Glitches?" Amanda raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, Glitches. The book I'm writing. I was actually thinking, to make it easier for me to make my characters have realistic personalities...maybe you guys could be characters!" 

"I call being the villain!" Amanda yelled immediately. 

"I'm already the villain," I frowned. 

"Aw, but villains are awesome!" Amanda looked down at her feet. 

"Okay, you can be the villain in the first book. I'll be the villain in the second and third books," I said. 

"How would that work?" Amanda asked, confused. 

"I'll figure something out," I shrugged. "Megan, do you want to be the main character?" 

"No way!" Megan shook her head vigorously. "I don't have the guts for that. I see myself as more of the main character's best friend or something." 

"Okay, Claire?" I turned to my third friend. 

"I'm fine with being the main character," she smiled. 

"Great!" I grinned. "Claire, you're the main character. Amanda, you're the villain of the first book. Megan, you're Claire's sister, and I'm the evil mastermind!" 

And my imaginary minions are going to be characters too. Except I'm not going to tell anyone about them, they'd laugh!

"Hey, you know all that time we spent planning out your book," Claire shrugged sheepishly. "We were supposed to be doing our study guides for the science exam." 

"Oops," I grinned. "Well, I guess that's what study hall's for." 

Just as the bell rang, I ran out of science, eager to get to second period so I could tell my Language Arts teacher all about my latest book idea. However, my happy thoughts were interrupted when I so unpleasantly bumped into someone in the hallway. 

"Watch where you're going, Saralee!" Keilee sneered, arrogantly twirling a strand of perfect brown hair around her finger. 

I gave her an annoyed look before picking up my dropped binder and walking away. 

"Rude," Keilee said sarcastically, whispering something to Holly and Sierra. The three girls started laughing hysterically as I hurried down the hallway, eager to get away from them. 

As I approached my next class, a brilliant idea struck me. My lips began to twist into a confident, slightly evil grin as I sat down in my seat. 

You're going to be in my book, Keilee, and you aren't going to survive it!