Blurry

Thank you to RedReality and Dragon_Writer993 for reminding me that people still actually remember and care about this book. If it weren't for you guys, I definitely wouldn't have updated today. 

......................

The rest of the first semester could only be described as blurry. I spent my days with Claire, Megan, and Amanda, cooking up increasingly creative plots to avoid and annoy Keilee in choir. 

And then, it came. The day I posted the final chapter of Glitches on Wattpad. 

It was perhaps the most momentous feeling of achievement I had ever felt before. Grinning like a total idiot in the middle of math class, I brought my finger down on the publish button. 

At that moment, even though it was only for a second, my world was whole. That was when I realized that I had accomplished the one, overlying goal with which I had created a Wattpad account. 

I, Saralee the Book Unfinisher, had completed a book. 

No, I completed it, dummy, Queen Saralee immediately butted in, always eager to claim the credit that she deserved for my now finished debut novel.   

So, what's next? She immediately asked, always being one to plan ahead. 

Codes, I replied. The answer was easy. I had been waiting to start the sequel for ages. After all, it would contain the transition of villainy from Amanda to me. As much as I loved Amanda, I couldn't wait to be the villain. 

I was already planning scenes of mass destruction, and prolonged deaths. My only hope was that my readers wouldn't hate me by the end of the series. 

And that, one of the few clear, defined moments in the blur of my school year, thus came to an end. 

The next did not begin until many weeks later, close to the end of the first semester. As usual, I took the longest to meticulously pack up my many bags at the end of choir- an action that caused Amanda to say "you're sloooooooow" repeatedly while standing in front of me with her single binder. 

"Okay, I get it," I laughed, shoving my piccolo into my purse. However, instead of exiting the choir room directly, as I usually did, I happened to glance up, at a poster for the school musical. 

I had always loved to act when I was younger, although it had been two years since my last play. The sight of the poster filled me with a sense of longing, though I doubted I would have the time to participate in it. I was simply far too busy with band, choir, and a rigorous academic schedule. 

However, it continued to bug me throughout the school day, like an itch in the back of the head. Seeing an opportunity right in front of my eyes, I had never been one to abandon it. Queen Saralee reminded me of this almost constantly. 

Do it! Sign up! The Ice Queen urged as I walked down the hallway toward the bus loop. 

I can't. My parents would kill me. I already have so much to do, I sighed. 

Who cares? You're one of the best singers in this school, and you're decent at acting, too! Go show them what you can do! 

I guess...Turning around, I ran back to the choir room and grabbed an audition form. Just taking a form couldn't hurt, right?

Clutching the form in my left hand, I returned to the loop to see that I had missed my bus. 

Oh, joy.