Home

Even after my last two classes- which were okay- I returned home feeling empty. LA and PE had left me drained after a day: I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to have to go through them for an entire year. 

I threw my backpack down on the couch and immediately proceeded to my room before my parents could ask any questions, preparing to do my homework. 

Well, my homework and other things. 

As I sat down on my bed to work, I allowed myself to wallow in my frustration over all of this year's new "rules" (AKA curses.)

My school had always been the inspiration for several of Queen Saralee's evil plots, but this year, they had really outdone themselves. Lunch times were no longer assigned based on grade level, and we weren't allowed to use any electronics during the first fifteen minutes of lunch. Apparently, this was so that we could "interact with each other." 

If you want us to talk, put us in the same lunch as our friends! 

As if that wasn't enough, they had disabled iMessage on our school iPads. It was almost like they were purposefully cutting us off from each other! 

Removing people's ability to communicate rebellious thoughts is a ruler's first step to permanently expunging all rebellious thoughts from his or her subjects' minds, Queen Saralee commented. I admire your school's administrators- they think a lot like me. 

Thank you, I replied. People like you have no business being anywhere near innocent children. 

You got that right, the Ice Queen chuckled. I blow up innocent children. 

 As I wrapped up my final piece of homework, I proceeded to open Wattpad on my laptop. Writing seemed to be my only refuge from the mess that my reality had become. As I began to write what would become my favorite chapter of Glitches, Chapter 43: Saralee, all troubled thoughts began to fade from my mind. 

On Wattpad, I was Queen Saralee. 

On Wattpad, I was in control. 

On Wattpad, I had nothing to fear. 

I wished I could permanently move to Wattpad, and stay there for the rest of my life, but sadly, that wasn't an option. 

In the words of Claire Marie King, I was going to have to "deal with it."