chapter one

"Hey, Sonya!" Thomas shouted, as he recognised his best friend, who was just entering the kindergarten with her mum. The two of them were friends since forever, because their parents were friends and they

The blonde girl walked straight towards him, wearing her "boy's clothes" as always.

"Tommy!" she greeted him, not sounding as happy as usual.

"You look sad," Thomas said, looking worriedly at her.

"Tomorrow I'll be in Britain and you'll stay here," she replied sadly and started playing with Thomas' fingers. "It's my last day here... I won't see you again, it makes me sad. I want to see you again, all the time. You're my best friend."

Thomas nodded, gesturing her to sit down next to him in the grass. "I'll still love you, even if you're miles away. That won't change a thing between us, you're still going to be my best friend."

"You're so nice to me," Sonya replied with a sad smile, her eyes were filled with tears. "I don't deserve you."

"I think, I don't deserve you. You're too adorable for me."

As a respond she just smiled, laying her head on his shoulder.

Thomas smiled at her. "You know, you'll always be my best friend, whatever happens. Even if you're in Britain."

"Always?" she asked him.

"Always."

A/N: I'm trying to picture everything as real as possible (such things as gender dysphoria etc.), well I am non-binary/agender. However I don't face such things as dysphoria that much etc. Meaning I can't comprehend some things, so I hope it still makes sense.
If I make any mistakes, please tell me, because I don't want to romanticise anything, I just want realness.