chapter six

"I want to feel your love like the weather."

"Thomas, this is not a good idea, I don't care, why you suddenly want to walk to school with this other boy, but this is insane. You can't walk to school in the morning. It is already enough that you walked home yesterday," my mum told me, as I had explained to her that I wanted to pick up Newt at his home and then go to school together. However my mum didn't like that idea at all...

"Jasmine!! We were all young once, let Thomas go there, I am very sure, he can look after himself well enough," my mama luckily chimed in and had my back. She was a lot more chill when it came to these stuff, so I was again more than thankful for having her. With a smirk she added. "Do I have to remind you that when we were young, you used to walk with me to college everyday."

"We were roommates, Madelyn, and nearly the same classes, it was obvious that we would walk to class together."

"That's a small tiny detail that doesn't change my point at all. So just let Thomas walk this boy to school. We raised him to be independent, so he has to make decisions on his own."

"I am still here," I raised my voice with a laugh. "So can you please don't pretend like I'm not listening to your conversation."

"Be quiet and eat your cereal, I am currently trying to help you," mama said to me and settled her eyes on mum again. "Okay, so it is decided now, Thomas can walk this boy to school, if he wants to and we'll support him."

"Thanks, mama," I half-shouted and hugged her. 

I had an amazing relationship with both of them. Maybe it was weird, but I talked with them about nearly everything. Mama was the chilled one, I guessed. I talked with her mainly when it came to 'teenage topics'. Mum was the one, who helped me with school things and projects. Without certainly most of my marks wouldn't have ended up that pleasingly. 

"We didn't discuss that enough, you can't just let him walk to school with a boy, we don't even know yet," mum argued. "Is that your boyfriend, Thomas? Because if he is, then before there are any dates, I want to meet him first, otherwise no dates for you."

"No, we're not dating!" I told her and blushed. (Stupid feelings... crushes... whatever... Newt and I weren't dating and that was certainly the truth.)

Meanwhile I had asked myself countless times, why I even told them in the first place. Probably because sometimes I say things without thinking about it that much - which was certainly almost always a mistake, but well... Sometimes I just acted really stupid...

"Look, Thomas has a crush on him and that's why we have to help him. So go for it, Thomas," mama told me. Great so right now we were at the embarrassing topics... just fuck my life. 

"Thomas has a crush, Thomas has a crush, Thomas is in love," Aris next to me sang happily and seemed to love to annoy me even further.

"Shut up, I am most certainly not in love with Newt. I just like him a lot and he's my friend and I want to spend time with him," I told my younger brother, wanting to kill him right now - don't get me wrong, I love him most of the time, but sometimes he is just really really annoying... 

"Thomas and Newt, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love," Aris continued with a smirk and grinned at me suggestively. 

I punched him softly in the arm, hoping he would stop embarrassing me even further. Right I wished the the ground would open and and swallow me - then it could take me right back to hell, wouldn't that be nice.

"No wait, better. Thomas and Newt, sitting in a tree doing what they shouldn t be. It starts with S and ends in X. Oh, my god it must be Sex," Aris sang quietly, so our parents didn't really understand what we were saying.