chapter twelve

Isabel

"So, how was it?" Astrid asked. Her nimble fingers were fine together as they leaned on the bench top to get closer to me.

"Not the point," I sigh. My mind was exploding with different thoughts and feelings. My head was pounding more than usual. "But the kiss... felt weird, like it was really nice and so soft...but," I didn't want to explain to her that it was so amazing and that I shouldn't be feeling this way about my therapist, he was way older than me.

"It was your first kiss like that, aye?" Astrid giggles and tilts her head. Her straight white teeth seeming to glow as her smile brightens. "You are so cute."

"Okay, cool. You want Nutella on toast?" I sighed and giggled along with her.

"Nah, Vegemite," I nodded and made the two separate dishes. "So why don't we call Killy over?"

"We are kind of, fighting, I don't know, she is ignoring me for some reason." I raised my eyebrows when she coughed out her almond milk that I gave her before.

"You owe me a dollar," I mumbled to her. "That milk is expensive."

"Whatever, I can't believe you guys are fighting," Her face formed a sad frown. "I'm not going to ask how this happened, but do me one favour."

"What?" My mind wandered off to the other times she asked for a favour. I ended up running after her neighbours dog nearly around two blocks.

"Tell her you're sorry," I raised my eyebrows again and shook my head.

"No way, it wasn't even my fault, she started ignoring me," Sighing into the toast, I pushed my arms forward so I could spread my body along the counter.

"What are you doing?" Astrid sighed and smacked my bum lightly.

"This relaxes me, well my head," I sighed into the counter top and my bum was getting quite numb from the amount of smacking Astrid did.

"I'm going to bed, man." I walked along to my bedroom dragging my toast with me.

"We just got up, though," Astrid whined, her face forming into an ugly frown that I hated.

"Don't care, life is for sleeping and being depressed," I sighed and yawned into my hand. "Well, for little old me anyway."

"I'm just going to walk home then, you lazy ass." She whispers into my ear as I starting drifting off.

"Mmm-kay," I heard the door close as she left and I turned towards the ceiling and stared at it. I not only noticed that the ceiling had small holes that reflected into my eyes but there were over twenty.

I stood up on my bed, ready to touch the ceiling just as the doorbell rang. I immediately ran towards the door throwing it open.

Harry. He was standing there in jean shorts, a bandana wrapped around his head and a rolling stones shirt. A bottle of vodka was in his hand and cupcakes in the other.

"This is beyond unprofessional, but I want you to get drunk with me," I nodded my head without any thought and he pulled my hand and stayed quiet as I locked my front door and walked across to his house.

He opened his car door for me.

"Where are we going?" I questioned, my curiosity blinding me momentarily and I was confused as why would he of all people want to get drunk and with me.

"Someplace nobody knows about." He shut the door on my side and jogged to the other side, getting quickly in before speeding off.

"So... why would you want to get drunk with me?" I muttered lightly. HIs eyes kept glancing towards me and the road. Ten minutes into the ride and nobody was on the road but a few cars. His hands kept tapping the gear stick before his hand came and went somewhere underneath my seat. I shivered lightly as his hand brushed my thigh and legs, his face turning into a small smile and eyebrows raised as he pulled out a couple of chip packets.