Evan Pearce - The Magician

This Essence is called 'Magician' due to the fact that when it was first seen, people believed it to be more magic than any of the others. Evan manipulates electricity. It constantly runs through his body, leaving his normal body temperature to be about 93 degrees (which was a problem for Alister at first). His energy is mainly offensive and to counter it, he can pull a shield of electrical energy and use it for a short period of time. Its strongest when he expels the energy from his hands into a target, but he can full discharge from his entire body if necessary. Typically before he fights, he'll draw static from the air to charge himself.

The only thing Evan is really weak to is fire as it will eat his energy for fuel and exhaust him extremely fast, also burning him easily. Durning thunderstorms, even if he's inside, lighting makes him shudder and his hair stand on end from the sudden charge.

Evan has a hard time with attachment. He lost his parents when he was 20 because they tried to protect him, making him try not to get attached to anyone else. However when he was 22, he fell in love with a girl in his club scene named Macy. After what was intended to be a one night stand, they grew together and we're practically inseparable. Unfortunately, when he was 23, she was killed in a fire and he got a burn trying to escape. The burn left what's called an Event Scar from his knee to midway up his ribs. The scar reddens if he has nightmares recalling the event. After Macy died, Evan fell into some awful habits like alcoholism and substance abuse.

Evan's amplifier is Citrine as its good for confidence, hope, personal power and the fears of being alone and unworthy of love. Evan is an insomniac and often lays wide awake while Alister sleeps next to him and when he does sleep, can have nightmares. He's also prone to panic attacks.

Evan and Alister are bonded together by a rare bond in the world of Essences. They are Energy Bonded, which can only occur if not only the energies are compatible, but the souls of the people have to be as well. They can share each others energy if they need to and can feel each other no matter their distance. If they're strong enough, they can even dual wield their energies, leaving Alister with an electrified sword of energy.

Royal Universe: in this universe, Evan is Prince of Artania's sister city Ardenia. He took the rule after his selfish and abusive parents died, choosing to rule the kingdom with much more compassion than they had before him.

Distarian Universe: here, Evan has been arrested 17 times for petty theft in order to keep himself alive. He's quite the loner and has a hard time learning to trust the other guys when they first meet. He's immensely protective over Alister, refusing to let anyone take him away from him like everyone else he's loved.