Discrimination

In the modern universes, there are people who are of course idiots. Mean and rude idiots.

In these universes, racism isn't really a thing. If you come across it, it's like, hella rare. There is another form, basically like racism but against certain essences. Sadly, it happens to be Monsters.

Monsters are typically not like Alix. They do attack and eat humans. Some are more violent, making messes of their kills and not having any respect at all. Others are more respectful, but still ruthless killers. You have to remember Monsters are incredibly strong and are instinctually violent which is what they are known for, being stronger than most, incredibly fast with sharp fangs and nails, a killing venom if they inject it and incredible senses. There are people and groups of people who absolutely hate monsters and occasionally will attack them. There have been accounts of Monsters being found dead with their fangs broken off and ripped out, silver burns and cuts, holy water poisoning a and harsh words written on their skin.

Homophobia does also still exists, it's also hard to encounter but not nearly as hard as racism. There have been a few times where people have said awful things to Evan and Alister. They just say shit back and ignore it.