01; New Girl

"Oh how I want to die, let me list the ways."

"Bev, shut up." Her mother grumbled as she turned off the engine, Beverly looking at her in offense.

"Why couldn't I drive myself to school?" She crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow at her as the woman got out of the car.

"Because, we both know you wouldn't have actually gone." She countered, giving her a sarcastic smile. "Now out of the car, c'mon."

Beverly leaned across the center console and shut her mom's door, locking it before she could react.

"Beverly Anne!" She smacked the window, realizing she had neglected to remove the keys from the ignition.

"There are thirty minutes until school starts, the least you can let me do is sleep in the car." She yelled through the glass, her mother's eye twitching.

"How about this, hm?" Her mother sighed, pulling her wallet out of her purse. "How about I give you twenty, and you get us both coffee and keep the change?"

Bev paused for a moment, puckering her lips thoughtfully. "Twenty-five?"

"It's a deal." She slid over into the driver's seat and turned on the car, rolling down the widow just enough for her to slip the money through.

"I want-"

"I know the order." Beverly buckled her seat belt and slid her sunglasses onto her face before pulling out of the parking lot recklessly, leaving her mom to wonder what in the world she was going to do with her.

● ● ●

If there was one thing Bev had noticed in the short span of time it took her to grab two cups of coffee and come back, it was that people in Beacon Hills loved to stare.

It seemed that everyone she drove past did a double take, or maybe she was just paranoid, she couldn't tell.

By the time she got back to school she still had a decent amount of time to spare, dropping her mom's coffee off in her office and grabbing her schedule.

"I hand picked all your classes myself," Her mother began, Beverly letting out a small groan. "And I talked the coach into letting you on the cross country team."

"Oh, you really didn't have to do that." She replied, her voice monotone as her arms fell to her sides. "Like seriously, I'd rather you didn't."

"It'll be good for you, y'know make some friends." She smiled before letting it drop. "Now get out of my office."

Bev rolled her eyes and sauntered out of the main office, students slowly filing into the halls as she made her way to her new locker. She put in her combo carefully and tried to unlock it, letting out a huff of air when it didn't budge.

"Seriously?" She muttered, putting it in again and struggling to open it.

"I gotcha." A flannel clad boy came up behind her, slamming the heel of his hand into the locker and making it pop open. "All the lockers on this side of the hall stick."

"Just my luck." Bev sighed, moving her hair out of her face. "Thanks."

"Yeah, no-" He turned to actually look at her, his jaw dropping open. "Holy shit, Erica. Everyone's looking for you, Derek's been-where were you? Where's Boyd?"

The strange boy seemed to be speaking at 100 miles per hour, making Bev take a step back and stare at him strangely.

"Look, you've got the wrong girl." She spoke slowly, the kid looking at her in confusion. "I don't know who Erica is, but I hope you find her."

Bev shoved a few things in her locker before shutting it, moving past the boy that was frozen in shock. She was unaware of the dozens of eyes that followed, the teens pulling out their phones in belief that Erica Reyes was back.

The blonde had only paused for a moment to glance at her schedule, trying to figure out where her next class was, when a pair of arms gripped her and dragged her back into an empty janitors closet.

"What the hell-" She struggled against her assailant, who pressed her against the door and covered her mouth before she could scream.

Beverly squinted in the dim lighting before she recognized who it was, her eyes widening.

"What are you doing here?" He pulled his hand away, the girl raising an eyebrow.

"I could ask you the same thing." She breathed, looking up at him. "Aiden, I haven't seen you since the accident."

"I had planned to move before that, you know I would've been there for you." Aiden kept his voice low, clearing his throat.

"I know, it's fine." She shook her head, squirming slightly underneath his weight. "Could you, uh?"

"Right." He took a step back, no longer pressing her between him and the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I got kicked out of school, again." Beverly explained, rubbing her hands together when he looked at her in shock. "Yeah, you'd know that if you actually answered my texts."

This made him wince, the boy rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Look, I'm sorry about tha-"

"It's fine, really." She forced a smile on her face, looking down at her hands. "It's not like I had anyone keeping me out of trouble."

"Bevie-"

The bell interrupted him, Bev giving him a small nod before opening the closet and slipping out into the hall.

Aiden let out a small groan and rubbed his face as he exited the closet, coming face to face with his brother.

"You realize this could ruin everything, right?" Ethan questioned, the twins watching her turn the corner. "What do you think Deucalion is gonna do when he figures out just who she is?"

"She isn't a threat, okay?" Aiden snapped, glaring at him. "She doesn't remember anything."

The words left a sour taste in his mouth, reminding him that is you lifted up that mass of curly blonde hair, you would find four crescent like scars lining her neck.

_________________________________________

Not edited

Okay, so I'm not adding a gif rn because I am currently hiding in my bathroom as I write/post this

I'm grounded--again.

I have so much planned gtgtgtg

Theories so far?

Vote and Comment ❤

Xx